Bustyn

DVD Builder 7.5.0, Audio skip problem during preview and burning

Question

In DVD Builder, 7.5.0 build, I'm having an audio skip issue during preview and burning. When I Add New Title (clip), then try to preview, the audio skips consistently. There is a blank about every 1/10th of a second, and this occurs throughout the preview. I burned a DVD, thinking this was a preview issue only. The burned dvd exhibited the same problem. Any suggested solutions?

5 answers to this question

In DVD Builder, 7.5.0 build, I'm having an audio skip issue during preview and burning. When I Add New Title (clip), then try to preview, the audio skips consistently. There is a blank about every 1/10th of a second, and this occurs throughout the preview. I burned a DVD, thinking this was a preview issue only. The burned dvd exhibited the same problem. Any suggested solutions?

Do you have the skip when you play the clip using WMP? What format is the video clip you are adding?

What are your system specs, especially video card? Have you shut down all running apps and antivirus, disconnected from internet while using EMC 7.5?

these are the symptoms of the famous "out of sync" issue with this version, years ago when I was battling with this issue the Internets were full of postings on these problems..

Lots of recommendations and "Fixes" at the time, but I came to the conclusion that no one had a solid solution for this issue since an exact cause was very difficult to pin point, I suspect it has something to do with the 'path' the video/audio clips take through your given hardware setup.( PC, video card, DVD burner brand, drivers, etc) since many other users didn't experience this problem at all.

After spending countless hours troubleshooting the issue, I finally picked up Easy CD Creator 9 and duplicated the project from scratch, not as many "skips' as before using 7.5 but not perfect either, I suspect the "capturing" previously done under 7.5 is the culprit, but decided to leave 'good enough' along and move on rather than re-capturing the video again and re-authoring yet again.....

my suggestion is to upgrade to the latest version, Roxio 2010, and re-do everything from scratch, and see if the problem disappears, if your problem is the hardware, then you'll have the latest version of Roxio ready to go for your next PC upgrade.

here is an old thread onthe issue..

out of sync

Edited by mackado

There were a number of causes and the recommendation then and now is:

Shut down ALL background apps during render and, yes, this INCLUDES anti-virus, anti-malware.

Do NOT surf the net or run anything during render - go have a coffee/watch TV/walk the dog

Make 100% certain the hard drive is defragmented. You do that regularly - don't you?

..... you do have the audio acceleration turned down on your audio card/chip don't you? (Windows/Start/run/dxdiag/etc.) and have the latest version of DirectX 9c installed and uplated.?

Also make sure you have the latest drivers for your audio card/chip.

My guess is that it is that anti-virus set to monitor everything that is written to the hard drive rather than just anything from the internet or from a disc.

Edited by sknis