Sign in to follow this  
Sisko

SP VS SLP

Question

Hi all!!

Ok I could be wrong with this but is it POSIBLE that the speed that the video was recorded could affect the

recording with this program? I had SP cassettes that was captured great but the moment that I have SLP tapes

the video just seem to skip and have lines. I have checked all my cables and everything is OK. I have tried it

with my Macbook (intel 2.2 with 7200rpm HD and 4 gig ram) and it does it and tried it with my G5 at full cpu power

and same here. So I just wana know if the speed of the video recorded in if it will effect the recording to my computer.

THANKS!!!

3 answers to this question

Hi all!!

Ok I could be wrong with this but is it POSIBLE that the speed that the video was recorded could affect the

recording with this program? I had SP cassettes that was captured great but the moment that I have SLP tapes

the video just seem to skip and have lines. I have checked all my cables and everything is OK. I have tried it

with my Macbook (intel 2.2 with 7200rpm HD and 4 gig ram) and it does it and tried it with my G5 at full cpu power

and same here. So I just wana know if the speed of the video recorded in if it will effect the recording to my computer.

THANKS!!!

Very Possible!!!

You recall that ditty about, garbage in – garbage out???

This could also have something to do with the stopping of recording anytime tape noise is encountered.

Otherwise, the device nor the software can make it better than what was recorded originally... :(

Very Possible!!!

You recall that ditty about, garbage in – garbage out???

This could also have something to do with the stopping of recording anytime tape noise is encountered.

Otherwise, the device nor the software can make it better than what was recorded originally... :(

Thanks for the quick response!!!

I was thinking of trying the S-video connection since it provides better video performance and MAYBE be

able to record those SLP tapes but don't have any around to try it out. :( I bet it won't do anything and just

waste money for nothing. I find this odd that Roxio didn't mention this in the manual that you can only copy

SP video cassettes. It would be nice to see a "firmware" to the usb capture unit if it can be updated or maybe

another update to the program. Well I hope Roxio will resolve this problem ASAP because all of my SLP cassettes

are, for now, useless to backup!!! :(

Thanks for the quick response!!!

I was thinking of trying the S-video connection since it provides better video performance and MAYBE be

able to record those SLP tapes but don't have any around to try it out. :( I bet it won't do anything and just

waste money for nothing. I find this odd that Roxio didn't mention this in the manual that you can only copy

SP video cassettes. It would be nice to see a "firmware" to the usb capture unit if it can be updated or maybe

another update to the program. Well I hope Roxio will resolve this problem ASAP because all of my SLP cassettes

are, for now, useless to backup!!! :(

Another 'possible solution' would be pass through

VCR>>>DVD Player>>>USB Device.

The Player could be any device, TV, Camcorder, another VCR, as long as it can accept input from the playing VCR and output it.