• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

No sound on Audio CD burned with Easy Creator 5

sobotikr

Easy Creator 5 was working fine (except CD label would not load). I uninstalled EC 5, reinstalled and applied updates. Am using W98SE with all MS updates. The newly installed system seems to work ok, including label creator, except that when I finish burning an audio CD (songs from Hard Drive or directly from another audio CD), there is no sound on it, either as read by EC 5, other players or external CD player. Data files will write ok. I can play the track in EC5 before hitting record button. Data files will burn correctly.

The burned CDR shows a cda files (1KB) and used space for the one song is 33MB. Just tried a data cD and it will not read back either. This is the same two HP CD-R/W drives that worked before reloading EC5.

Any suggestions?

Easy Creator 5 was working fine (except CD label would not load). I uninstalled EC 5, reinstalled and applied updates. Am using W98SE with all MS updates. The newly installed system seems to work ok, including label creator, except that when I finish burning an audio CD (songs from Hard Drive or directly from another audio CD), there is no sound on it, either as read by EC 5, other players or external CD player. Data files will write ok. I can play the track in EC5 before hitting record button. Data files will burn correctly.

The burned CDR shows a cda files (1KB) and used space for the one song is 33MB. Just tried a data cD and it will not read back either. This is the same two HP CD-R/W drives that worked before reloading EC5.

Any suggestions?

One solution that has worked for people getting no sound on their Audio CDs is to locate the file: TRKWRITE.DLL, usually in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adaptec Shared\CDEngine directory, and delete it. Then do a reinstall in ECDC 5 to make sure that that file gets rewritten.

Archived