Audio pops and crackels after 14 or 15 Minutes of Capturing Video

grm

Question

Hi everyone grm here.

I am using Creator 2010 and Roxio capture device to transfer video from VCR to my PC. The video was recorded from my TV to the VCR. Playback of the tape on the TV and during recording to PC sound excellent, however, after recording to PC the playback of the show begins to pop and crackel after 14 or 15 minutes and for the remainder of the show. Total length is 27-28 minutes.

I have been recording this show for over a year, and on Creator 10 (before upgrading to 2010) I did not incur this problem. I use Sony Premium Grade High Durability tapes at best quality settings.

Is there a "fix" for this? The show is narrative and this makes it very annoying.

grm

8 answers to this question

Hi everyone grm here.

I am using Creator 2010 and Roxio capture device to transfer video from VCR to my PC. The video was recorded from my TV to the VCR. Playback of the tape on the TV and during recording to PC sound excellent, however, after recording to PC the playback of the show begins to pop and crackel after 14 or 15 minutes and for the remainder of the show. Total length is 27-28 minutes.

I have been recording this show for over a year, and on Creator 10 (before upgrading to 2010) I did not incur this problem. I use Sony Premium Grade High Durability tapes at best quality settings.

Is there a "fix" for this? The show is narrative and this makes it very annoying.

grm

I am not aware of any "fix".

When you were transferring the video from your VCR to PC, did you have any other programs running or were you on the internet at the same time or any scheduled scans for viruses etc.

You could also try taping another show. Tape your regular show, then set the timers to start another taping say 1/2 hr later. This way the VCR will stop, then come back on 1/2 later.

:mellow::huh:

I am not aware of any "fix".

When you were transferring the video from your VCR to PC, did you have any other programs running or were you on the internet at the same time or any scheduled scans for viruses etc.

You could also try taping another show. Tape your regular show, then set the timers to start another taping say 1/2 hr later. This way the VCR will stop, then come back on 1/2 later.

Thanks for the replys,

I always turn off the anti virus program and disconnect from the internet before transferring to PC. I will try both suggestions, transfer half at a time and also taping as ogdens suggested. Hope something works.

Thanks again to both. Will return and let you know how I come out. grm

Was the fix the drivers or one of the other suggestions? For our future reference.

Steve

I'm pretty sure it's the drivers. After updating them I did everything the same as I always have done, so as to eliminate that as the problem. The pops and crackels are gone and that's the only change I made. Thanks again,

grm

Did you say that you had updated the drivers for your audio device?

No, I had not updated the audio drivers until yesterday. Have just finished recording and capturing to PC my 1/2 hour show and everything is fine. Audio is clean with no pops or crackels, sounds great!

Thanks to all for the time and suggestions. grm

No, I had not updated the audio drivers until yesterday. Have just finished recording and capturing to PC my 1/2 hour show and everything is fine. Audio is clean with no pops or crackels, sounds great!

Thanks to all for the time and suggestions. grm

Glad you got it working.

Archived