Sign in to follow this  
swtnsj

Photosuite 8

Question

2 answers to this question

Has anybody bought PhotoSuite 8. I was wondering how many improvements where made.

IMHO, V8 is much better than V7/7.5 but it is still not a full service photo editing program. For the cost, you would not expect it to compete with something like Photo Shop Elements. There have been significant improvements in the ability to improve an image and there have been other features added. Two examples are the ability to share images easily (LiveShare) over the internet, and ability to do wide screen, . If you haven't, compare what you have with the information here.

BTW, V 8 has the best panorama creator I've run into. It is part of the Media Manager function of the program. Here is a panorama that I did just for fun. I stood in one place and panned the camera (no tripod) to take the pcitures. Once I selected the images from the memory card to the time the panorama was completed was about three minutes.

The following also applies to the panorama creator.

One caution, for best results, your computer must be above the minimum requirements set for the product. Many people have complained about audio and video issues with the EMC 8 suite because their computers were not up to date or were at or below the minimums. If you plan to do any wide screen, special transitions and effects and/or video additions (which you can do In Photosuite 8), you should have a pretty good video card and not just on-board video chips.

Edited by sknis

Thanks for the information. I know the panoramic tool on Photosuite 7 is awful. That's good to hear that the new program is improved. I hope they have a easer tool for the paint & draw portion of the program. I found when painting old B&W photos or changing the regular color photos that comes in handy.