• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Convert .RM to .MP3

nkr25

Question

6 answers to this question

I did a google and got this, so there are more them a few programs to do it

Results 1 - 10 of about 5,300,000 for convert .rm to mp3.

CaptThom

Obviously, there are not 5.3 million programs that do the conversion. :):) The bulk of those results probably have the word .rm OR .mp3 in a sentence within the result.

Thanks for the reply. I have Real Player Plus subscription and it allows to convert .rm tp .mp3, but it converts it to 128kbps and lower only. I am looking for a good product similar to EMC to convert .rm to .mp3 to a higher bitrate. The other way around is that the real player plus allows to maked audio CD and then I can use EMC to convert audio CD to high bitrate mp3. But I have very huge list of .rm files, so its a very long procedure to convert .rm to .mp3 (high bitrate files). So I would appreciate if you can suggest me some software which is trust worthy and reliable similar to EMC.

My favorite audio editing program is GoldWave. You can batch convert easily from several formats and to a higher quality mp3 format. I looked and it will not handle those .rm files and they have no plug-ins for rm. There is a discussion on that and apparently there may be a way around it.

If that doesn't work, and since you are able to convert the files to another format (wav or WMA or other) you might want to do that and then batch convert to high quality mp3 files. (I'm assuming that you want to do this because you have an mp3 player and not just to save space.) I'm not sure what the multiple conversions will do to the sound.

GoldWave has a free trial download (no malware) so you can try that if you want. The manual is excellent and the appendix has a lot of good information relating to audio formats.

Thanks for the reply. I have Real Player Plus subscription and it allows to convert .rm tp .mp3, but it converts it to 128kbps and lower only. I am looking for a good product similar to EMC to convert .rm to .mp3 to a higher bitrate. The other way around is that the real player plus allows to maked audio CD and then I can use EMC to convert audio CD to high bitrate mp3. But I have very huge list of .rm files, so its a very long procedure to convert .rm to .mp3 (high bitrate files). So I would appreciate if you can suggest me some software which is trust worthy and reliable similar to EMC.

My guess would be that converting from the already compressed .RM format you have to a higher bit-rate .MP3 file would be somewhat pointless. I confess to not knowing any details about the .RM files, but they're definitely compressed, and again, I'm guessing that with 128Kbps .MP3 files, you're going to maintain approximately the same quality you're starting with. To then convert a 128Kbps .MP3 to a higher-bitrate .MP3 file is completely pointless since you canNOT regain any of the lost quality by converting the higher bitrate. Once it's gone, it's gone.

My suggestion would be to convert some of your .RM files to .MP3 files as you can, then do an A/B comparison and see if you hear any noticeable difference. If you hear a definite quality difference, where the .MP3 files sound "worse" than the .RM files, then continue your search for a better "converter". But be as objective as you can. If you can't hear any difference, 128Kbps .MP3 files may well be "good enough"!

Hope that helps!

I have lot of files in .rm, how do I convert .rm to .mp3 in EMC?

You can't. Those files are not a compatible format (Real probably has some restrictions or license issues). Google for a converter, use that and then use one of the audio programs to create your discs. I don't have Real on my computer; does that allow you to convert?

Archived