• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Doesn't Recongnise my recorded CD's

frisco75034

Question

15 answers to this question

version 6 or 8. I don't remember. At least it worked. Roxio 10 isn't all it is cracked up to be. Not happy with it.

Please bear in mind that we are fellow users, not Sonic/Roxio employees.

Do you still have access to the old system with EMC 6 or 8? If so, can that disc still be read in that system? If so, then I would guess that you wrote the data to the disc using Direct CD or Drag-to-Disc, which uses the "Packet Writing" method of writing data to disc, which requires special drivers to read the disc. If you had used Creator Classic, then there's a pretty good chance your disc would be readable in Windows 7 since that writes "Sessions", which is the format for a "standard" Data CD. Packet Writing was dropped starting with Easy Media Creator 10.

So, again, if you still have a system on which you can read this (these) disc(s) then a good workaround is to read the data from the disc(s) back to your HD, then write a new disc using Creator Classic, which should be readable on any system.

Hope that helps!

Please bear in mind that we are fellow users, not Sonic/Roxio employees.

Do you still have access to the old system with EMC 6 or 8? If so, can that disc still be read in that system? If so, then I would guess that you wrote the data to the disc using Direct CD or Drag-to-Disc, which uses the "Packet Writing" method of writing data to disc, which requires special drivers to read the disc. If you had used Creator Classic, then there's a pretty good chance your disc would be readable in Windows 7 since that writes "Sessions", which is the format for a "standard" Data CD. Packet Writing was dropped starting with Easy Media Creator 10.

So, again, if you still have a system on which you can read this (these) disc(s) then a good workaround is to read the data from the disc(s) back to your HD, then write a new disc using Creator Classic, which should be readable on any system.

Hope that helps!

I just tried it on the ol system and it works fine. I have already installed 2010 on that system as well. But it works on XP SP3 with Roxio 2010

I just tried it on the ol system and it works fine. I have already installed 2010 on that system as well. But it works on XP SP3 with Roxio 2010

It would be nice if you could be a little more clear on what you're saying. It's a little unclear from this end.

Are you saying you can read the disc fine on the old system which has both the old version of Easy CD Creator/Easy Media Creator and Creator 2010? If so, is there still a problem? Have you tried re-writing the contents of the disc in question so it can be read on your Windows 7 system?

Let us know.

It would be nice if you could be a little more clear on what you're saying. It's a little unclear from this end.

Are you saying you can read the disc fine on the old system which has both the old version of Easy CD Creator/Easy Media Creator and Creator 2010? If so, is there still a problem? Have you tried re-writing the contents of the disc in question so it can be read on your Windows 7 system?

Let us know.

Sorry

Works on XP SP3 w/2010

Does not work on WIndows7 w/2010

I wote all the CDs with Classic creator. Numerous CDs

Just tried it on my old system XP3 w/2010 and it works fine.

Does not work on windows 7 system with 2010

Sorry

Works on XP SP3 w/2010

So, nothing you've written on your old system with Creator 2010 is readable on your new, Windows 7 system? Odd. So, let's back up a bit.

What type of disc are you using, CD-R? CD-RW? And what brand? If you've only used one brand, get some discs of another brand and try those. Verbatim have usually proved to be a reliable brand. It's possible that it's a writer/media/reader mismatch. Typically CD-R discs are more interchangeable than CD-RW discs.

Again, let us know.

Sorry

Works on XP SP3 w/2010

On your XP machine, insert one of these disc's, from the Creator 2010 Home Page click tools up top then click 'Get Disc Information'. What does it say about the disc?

Below is a example of a DVD-Video Disc shown in the 'Get Disc Information'...

post-97-1270131737.jpg

cd

So, nothing you've written on your old system with Creator 2010 is readable on your new, Windows 7 system? Odd. So, let's back up a bit.

What type of disc are you using, CD-R? CD-RW? And what brand? If you've only used one brand, get some discs of another brand and try those. Verbatim have usually proved to be a reliable brand. It's possible that it's a writer/media/reader mismatch. Typically CD-R discs are more interchangeable than CD-RW discs.

Again, let us know.

I am using cd-rw

Here is the information from the old system XP SP3 W/2010.

In Roxio Selected Drive: HL-DT-ST CDR/W (F:)

Manufacturer/Model HL_DT_SL CD-RW GCE-8240B

Firmware 1.06

Supported Media CD-R, CD-RW, CD-ROM

Inserted DiskCD-ROM, Closed<Multisessions, AUDIO (unknown Album), 1:13:09

Number of Tracks 14

Free Space o:o

Used Space (642.10MD (329208 Sectors

Disk Sessions & Tracks

CD-ROM, Multisessions, Audio 1:13:09

Sessions 1

01-Track1

02-Track2 and so on

I AM SORRY FOR THE INCORRECT EVALUATION> IT DID NOT WORK ON EITHER MACHINE> THE OLD SYSTEM IT JUST SITS THERE AFTER STARTING A COPY. SAME AS THE THE NEW SYSTEM.

I am using cd-rw

Here is the information from the old system XP SP3 W/2010.

In Roxio Selected Drive: HL-DT-ST CDR/W (F:)

Manufacturer/Model HL_DT_SL CD-RW GCE-8240B

Firmware 1.06

Supported Media CD-R, CD-RW, CD-ROM

Inserted DiskCD-ROM, Closed<Multisessions, AUDIO (unknown Album), 1:13:09

Number of Tracks 14

Free Space o:o

Used Space (642.10MD (329208 Sectors

Disk Sessions & Tracks

CD-ROM, Multisessions, Audio 1:13:09

Sessions 1

01-Track1

02-Track2 and so on

I AM SORRY FOR THE INCORRECT EVALUATION> IT DID NOT WORK ON EITHER MACHINE> THE OLD SYSTEM IT JUST SITS THERE AFTER STARTING A COPY. SAME AS THE THE NEW SYSTEM.

I have not been able to write a copy of a CD on either system. I have not used Roxio 1020 for anything else yet.

John

I am using cd-rw

Okay... so what you're saying is that you can't read the data off your old disc (CD-RW?) from either system?

If, as indicated, the old disc is a CD-RW (erasable) disc, it's possible that it's become unreadable all on its own. CD-RW discs have a nasty tendency to become unreadable after awhile. For long term storage, CD-R (write once) discs are preferable.

To verify, if you try to copy the contents of the old disc to your hard drive (no need to try to copy to another CD for this test), it fails when using either your old or your new system?

I have not been able to write a copy of a CD on either system. I have not used Roxio 1020 for anything else yet.

Try writing just a regular data CD from files that are already on your PC so we can verify your drive (and Creator 2010) are working properly. I think we're getting hung up on issues of reading the old disc, and writing "anything".

Okay... so what you're saying is that you can't read the data off your old disc (CD-RW?) from either system?

If, as indicated, the old disc is a CD-RW (erasable) disc, it's possible that it's become unreadable all on its own. CD-RW discs have a nasty tendency to become unreadable after awhile. For long term storage, CD-R (write once) discs are preferable.

To verify, if you try to copy the contents of the old disc to your hard drive (no need to try to copy to another CD for this test), it fails when using either your old or your new system?

The old system and the new system do not read written CDs. They were written with an older version of Roxio, not sure of the version, it is gone.

THe CD is a CD-R 52X 80 min/700 MB.

I just tried a professionally recorded CD and it copied OK, on the old system XP w/2010

I just tried a professionally recorded CD and it copied OK, on the new system Windows 7 w/2010

So the issue is all my recorded disks don't copy. yet they play fine in Windows, Itunes and Winamp.

The old system and the new system do not read written CDs. They were written with an older version of Roxio, not sure of the version, it is gone.

THe CD is a CD-R 52X 80 min/700 MB.

I just tried a professionally recorded CD and it copied OK, on the old system XP w/2010

I just tried a professionally recorded CD and it copied OK, on the new system Windows 7 w/2010

So the issue is all my recorded disks don't copy. yet they play fine in Windows, Itunes and Winamp.

Okay... so, we've verified that your hardware is okay, and Creator 2010 is okay.

Now, please try the test I suggested above and try simply copying the files from your old disc to your hard drive. Don't use Creator 2010, just use Windows Explorer. Don't copy to another CD, just to your hard drive. If that fails on your old system, then we can be pretty sure that the problem is the discs themselves.

Let us know what happens.

One more question, when was the last time you successfully read anything off these discs?

I insert a CD recorded on an old computer running XP sp3 and Roxio 6-8. Keeps asking me to insert a CD? THis is a new Windows 7 64 Bit 8 GB Ram.

Thanks

John

In what program of the Roxio 6-8 Suite was the CD recorded in, Drag to Disc?

cd

Archived