• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Backup My PC sbewin32 and spanning disks

hemmi1

Question

I got my company to buy Backup My PC a few weeks ago, though I use EMC 8.0 at home.

(1)

Backup My PC didn't run its scheduled backup as sbewin32 was still running, and multiple instances are not allowed. The PC BMPc is running on is not used, except occasionally, for any other application. Just backups.

(2) even though I checked the box to span multiple discs, trying to burn using more than one disc is not allowed. I keep getting the message that a file in the backup set is larger than the media. I know that :)

Any help would be appreciated -- my boss is not impressed and I look bac.

If I can't get it to work reliably I will be forced to get another product.

Thanks -=- I like Roxio products, but Backup My PC is causing me problems :huh:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 answers to this question

I will give a shot at helping a little here. I don't use the scheduler but I did take a look at the help files.

For # 1, was Backup MYPC running when the scheduled backup was to run? If so it will not run. SBEWIN32 is the executable for BUMP.

For # 2, have you tried backing up to a file on a hard disk, then burning the resulting file to disks. I do back ups all the time, again not scheduled, and have no problem burning to multiple disks. My current backup takes 3 DVD's with no problem.

Thanks! This encourages me to try again! I don't think Backup My PC was running, but then again, it's possible. When we eliminate the impossible what remains is possible however unlikely (to quote Sherlock Holmes).

The spanning issue is tougher, as I've only seen one place it could be 'checked' as an option. I'll just start over and hopefully have better luck!

Thanks very much for your time and attention!

Louis -- www.hemmi.us

I got my company to buy Backup My PC a few weeks ago, though I use EMC 8.0 at home.

(1)

Backup My PC didn't run its scheduled backup as sbewin32 was still running, and multiple instances are not allowed. The PC BMPc is running on is not used, except occasionally, for any other application. Just backups.

(2) even though I checked the box to span multiple discs, trying to burn using more than one disc is not allowed. I keep getting the message that a file in the backup set is larger than the media. I know that :)

Any help would be appreciated -- my boss is not impressed and I look bac.

If I can't get it to work reliably I will be forced to get another product.

Thanks -=- I like Roxio products, but Backup My PC is causing me problems :huh:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I will give a shot at helping a little here. I don't use the scheduler but I did take a look at the help files.

For # 1, was Backup MYPC running when the scheduled backup was to run? If so it will not run. SBEWIN32 is the executable for BUMP.

For # 2, have you tried backing up to a file on a hard disk, then burning the resulting file to disks. I do back ups all the time, again not scheduled, and have no problem burning to multiple disks. My current backup takes 3 DVD's with no problem.

Archived