Sound Editor 09 Recordin Playback issue - repetitive ticking noise

cabern

Question

Issue is ONLY with the following set up (but its the one I want!)

Recorder - Blue Snowball

Roxio Sound Editor 2009

Window 7 - 32 Bit

Drivers are up to date

It record but theres a "pattering" sound in the recording like a horse galloping or a drum beating -- Hard to google this problem since I can't describe it!

I recorded wav file so you can hear it. Its just a .wav file, nothing sketchy (is there a better way of showing the sound?)

https://download.yousendit.com/RmNEYUREY1NnYU94dnc9PQ

The recording is fine in Adobe Soundbooth AND Roxio Video wave but not Sound Editor.

And if I use my webcam as the audio recorder it also works in Sound Editor.

But this combination gets this weird repetitive clicking!

Please help me, I'm so frustrated!

5 answers to this question

Thanks for your response!

I don't see system sounds under options, where is that?

Yes, Snowball is the USB microphone and it is W7 compatible and not in a hub. It works well with any other program but not Sound Editor :(

My other webcam mic records fine, just lower quality, in Sound Editor (although sometimes is says, "could not open sound device")

So yeah, its really just the combo of the Snowball and Sound Editor (and stupid W7)...

What happens if you try recording with a different application like the free, CDWAVE? Does it sound okay then? If so, you should be able to edit with Sound Editor after the initial recording.

Do you have any FX options selected while you're recording in Sound Editor? If so, try turning everything off.

Let us know!

What happens if you try recording with a different application like the free, CDWAVE? Does it sound okay then? If so, you should be able to edit with Sound Editor after the initial recording.

Do you have any FX options selected while you're recording in Sound Editor? If so, try turning everything off.

Let us know!

Just tried it with CD Wave. Works 100%.

So it just roxio Sound Editor :( which is a bummer because I like that program.

No effect on options on either

First, Creator 2009 is not designed to work with W7; that may be part of it.

When you are recording, do you have the system sounds turned off under options?

What is the BlueSnowball recorder? I see a USB microphone by that name but that is also not compatible with W7 unless there was a recent update. If you are using a USB microphone, make sure it is plugged into the back of your computer; do not use a hub. Other people have had problems with earlier versions of the software with the USB device but I don't remember anyone who came back and gave us a description of the fix.

Do you have a regular Mic that you can plug into your computer's sound card? Does that give you the clicks also? That would narrow down the possibilities.

Thanks for your response!

I don't see system sounds under options, where is that?

Yes, Snowball is the USB microphone and it is W7 compatible and not in a hub. It works well with any other program but not Sound Editor :(

My other webcam mic records fine, just lower quality, in Sound Editor (although sometimes is says, "could not open sound device")

So yeah, its really just the combo of the Snowball and Sound Editor (and stupid W7)...

First, Creator 2009 is not designed to work with W7; that may be part of it.

When you are recording, do you have the system sounds turned off under options?

What is the BlueSnowball recorder? I see a USB microphone by that name but that is also not compatible with W7 unless there was a recent update. If you are using a USB microphone, make sure it is plugged into the back of your computer; do not use a hub. Other people have had problems with earlier versions of the software with the USB device but I don't remember anyone who came back and gave us a description of the fix.

Do you have a regular Mic that you can plug into your computer's sound card? Does that give you the clicks also? That would narrow down the possibilities.

Issue is ONLY with the following set up (but its the one I want!)

Recorder - Blue Snowball

Roxio Sound Editor 2009

Window 7 - 32 Bit

Drivers are up to date

It record but theres a "pattering" sound in the recording like a horse galloping or a drum beating -- Hard to google this problem since I can't describe it!

I recorded wav file so you can hear it. Its just a .wav file, nothing sketchy (is there a better way of showing the sound?)

https://download.yousendit.com/RmNEYUREY1NnYU94dnc9PQ

The recording is fine in Adobe Soundbooth AND Roxio Video wave but not Sound Editor.

And if I use my webcam as the audio recorder it also works in Sound Editor.

is combination gets this weird repetitive clicking!

Please help me, I'm so frustrated!

Found this,( http://www.lafcpug.org/reviews/review_snowball_mic.html ) have a read, there are a couple of tips in it that may apply if that is the mic you have.

Another reviewer had trouble with it in Vista, and you have Win 7, and as already stated the Roxio program you have is not compatible with W7.

Good luck.

Archived