• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

What is the easiest way to pull a clip off a DVD?

asandull

Question

Hello...

I've never done this before... I'm trying to pull a quote off of a movie (Troy, with Brad Pitt) so I can use it in an audio file. Anyone know how I can do that and if I'm capable with the programs I'm running?

Thanks for any help.

3 answers to this question

Hello...

I've never done this before... I'm trying to pull a quote off of a movie (Troy, with Brad Pitt) so I can use it in an audio file. Anyone know how I can do that and if I'm capable with the programs I'm running?

Thanks for any help.

Further to what Gary said, if you connect the audio outputs of your standalone DVD player to the line-in input of your PC, you should be able to use Sound Editor, or LP & Tape Assistant to capture the audio you want. You won't be able to take it directly off the commercial, protected DVD, you'll have to do it by playing it and capturing the audio.

Hope that helps!

Further to what Gary said, if you connect the audio outputs of your standalone DVD player to the line-in input of your PC, you should be able to use Sound Editor, or LP & Tape Assistant to capture the audio you want. You won't be able to take it directly off the commercial, protected DVD, you'll have to do it by playing it and capturing the audio.

Hope that helps!

If I understand you correctly, I would be able to pull the audio from the clip, just not the video? I'm going to buy the DVD and there's no doubt its protected... I'll play around with it... I only need the audio... a line in the beginning of the movie to add to the beginning of an audio track.

Thank you both for your help!!!

Archived