Roxio 9.0 DE on Vista Machines

mnewsome

Question

4 answers to this question

The issue of the disc drive not being recognized generates a link to the website where the solution is to buy the latest version. Is this a joke? Please advise

Please clarify. you posted in the Creator 2009 forum, then you say you have Roxio 9.0 DE.

Which do you have?.

Also, does Vista recognize your disc drive?.

You posted a question on another topic over a year ago. Has this issue just shown up? Did you have a crash or other computer issue? Have you look at Dell for a resolution? They know more about the OEM version than almost anyone here.

You can look here but I did a quick scan and did not see a solution to that error. Go to the Dell site.

Please clarify. you posted in the Creator 2009 forum, then you say you have Roxio 9.0 DE.

Which do you have?.

Also, does Vista recognize your disc drive?.

Much thanks for the timely reply. The "About" tab shows the following:

Roxio Creator DE

Serial Number: s/n deleted

Copyright: Sonic Solutions 2006

Module Name: PX Engine

Build: 3.2.52a, 98

Module Name: Roxio Core

Version: 3.3.0

Build: 331B17F, DLD

Module Name: Roxio Creator Audio

Version: 3.3.0

Build: 330B49G, DLD

The Software shows the message "Not drive detected" Additionally, the device manager shows the following:

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available. Windows OS no longer shows my CD/DVD drive immediately after install.

Much thanks for your efforts as I await your reply.

So it seems that Windows cannot see the burners either. Is that correct?

f the driver is corrupted, go to Windows Control Panel, System, Device Manager. can you see the burners in the DVD/CD Rom heading? Right click on the burner and click Update driver. Windows should find one for you. if you still have a problem, do the same except select uninstall, then Reboot. Uninstalling and rebooting will remove the device and then reinstall it on reboot. Does Windows see the device now?

If Windows sees the drives but the program doesn't try installing the update for the px engine update. I don't think this is the problem though.

Archived