• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Possible to change disk volume/name?

stevehix

Question

11 answers to this question

7.5, (or Disk Copier) is it possible to name your new DVD

Before opening Disc Copier. Navigate to the DVD folder or ISO image, right click rename. Then open Disc Copier on the left select the renamed file. On that screen and the next it should say the disc title, what you renamed and imported to burn in Disc Copier.

cdanteek

Before opening Disc Copier. Navigate to the DVD folder or ISO image, right click rename. Then open Disc Copier on the left select the renamed file. On that screen and the next it should say the disc title, what you renamed and imported to burn in Disc Copier.

cdanteek

I tried that and I still just get DVDBUILDER. Did anyone else have any luck with this?

Michael

I tried that and I still just get DVDBUILDER

Are you saving to Roxio default folder? I change all temp, cache, and output folders to drives other than "C".

I also took two clips in DVDBuilder output them to a ISO to a off drive folder and get "Untitled ISO". Right click name what I want.

Explain how you tried and what you did!

cdanteek

All my ISO files are neatly named as I want. But when I try to read the disk burned from the file it always says DVDBUILDER in My Computer. :)

Me too. I want to promote MY company's name, not Roxio's program. This is one of the reasons I'm not upgrading to 8.0

That's quite a hassle to correct a problem that shouldn't be there in the first place, IMO. Since it's not that important that my DVDs be specially named - it doesn't appear on my settop players - I'll probably pass. But good to know that there is a solution. I just downloaded DVD Shrink. Thanks for posting the fix.

You may want to check out this thread.

Sorry I knew I didn't put up with the default name myself, and needed a memory jolt.

Afterdawn.com DVD Shrink Freeware. Open your ISO in shrink, from file open disc image and navigate to your DVDBuilder ISO, let it load in and click backup not reauthor, you will loose your menus. On the next screen bottom half you save to a location and rename it there from DVDBuilder.ISO to what you want, but always leave the (.ISO). I have put in 36 letters .ISO.

Only takes 5 to 10 minutes.

cdanteek

Me too. I want to promote MY company's name, not Roxio's program. This is one of the reasons I'm not upgrading to 8.0

I believe that MyDVD in EMC V 8 allows you to name the disc almost anything you want to. It may only be available in the deluxe but I don't think so.

Sorry I knew I didn't put up with the default name myself, and needed a memory jolt.

Afterdawn.com DVD Shrink Freeware. Open your ISO in shrink, from file open disc image and navigate to your DVDBuilder ISO, let it load in and click backup not reauthor, you will loose your menus. On the next screen bottom half you save to a location and rename it there from DVDBuilder.ISO to what you want, but always leave the (.ISO). I have put in 36 letters .ISO.

Only takes 5 to 10 minutes.

cdanteek

That's quite a hassle to correct a problem that shouldn't be there in the first place, IMO. Since it's not that important that my DVDs be specially named - it doesn't appear on my settop players - I'll probably pass. But good to know that there is a solution. I just downloaded DVD Shrink. Thanks for posting the fix.

Archived