• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

File Transfers

ecowheelie

Question

I keep getting an alert that a particular file cannot be copied because it is longer than 102 characters. Unfortunately, it identifies a partial file path --- one that leads to over 7500 files in the folder. How do I find out which one is the problem without viewing each file and counting characters?

6 answers to this question

I keep getting an alert that a particular file cannot be copied because it is longer than 102 characters. Unfortunately, it identifies a partial file path --- one that leads to over 7500 files in the folder. How do I find out which one is the problem without viewing each file and counting characters?

If you are having problems with that file, you would probably have problems with the rest. Waht application in Creator 2010 are you trying to use?

If you are having problems with that file, you would probably have problems with the rest. Waht application in Creator 2010 are you trying to use?

DE 10.1

I prefer Creator Classic for Data (Burn Data Disc-Advanced) since you can set the Project Settings to UDF – No Bridge and eliminate File Name & File Path problems.

post-39730-1271120623.jpg

You can produce about the same results in Burn Data Disc under options:

post-39730-1271120696.jpg

Where can I get it? --- I can't find it on the Roxio website.

DE 10.1

Where can I get it? --- I can't find it on the Roxio website.

Is that "DE 10.1" the version you have? Did the software come preinstalled on your system? If so, you might have the cut down version of the software which means it lacks the full functionality of the retail version of the software.

Archived