• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

pseudonym

edit VOB files from DVD

Question

I have some video (transferred from home 8mm movies) on DVD in VOB format. Does anyone have a suggestion as to which video format to use as an intermediary for editing? I would guess a lossless or near-lossless format would be best, although perhaps there are other reasonable options?

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

If the only editing you need to do is trim out parts of the video then Toast can do that editing without converting to any other format. Are the VOB's in a VIDEO_TS folder or do you have multiple standalone VOBs that need to be joined?

For editing with iMovie or other video editing application I recommend converting to a full quality QuickTime movie. There is a preset for that in Toast's Convert window.

If the only editing you need to do is trim out parts of the video then Toast can do that editing without converting to any other format. Are the VOB's in a VIDEO_TS folder or do you have multiple standalone VOBs that need to be joined?

Thanks for your quick reply.

I need to trim sections from the middle of the files as well as the ends. If Toast can do this, then I'm set. The VOBs are in a VIDEO_TS folder. I'll check out the Toast User Guide for specifics.