Sign in to follow this  
DMG9349

Cannot Set Button Picture in Toast 10.0.06

Question

Used to be able to select a still image from the movie to use as a button picture on the DVD menu. This was described in

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...st&p=287544

since the function did not work as described in the user manual on Page 99 which describes a "Set Button Picture" button or menu selection.

hat post from August 2009 says:

"You can set the button image by clicking on the title's thumbnail in the main window. A scroll bar appears beneath the thumbnail. Drag it to a frame that you want. It only will show the key frames."

I have clicked everywhere I can think of and this no longer works. So how do I set a button picture in Toast 10.0.06 for MacOS 10.5.8 (and 10.6 since I am planning on switching soon).

Thanks.

2 answers to this question

It should work. You can click on the thumbnail image in the Video window and the scroll bar appears. Also, most video formats (not MPEG 2) can have the button set in the Edit window. Click Edit and then choose the Video tab. Move the scroll bar where you want and click the "Set Button Picture" button. This works with most QuickTime movie formats.

Presuming it just isn't working on your Mac, try trashing the Toast plist and prefs files and relaunch Toast. That may fix it.

You can also try adding a short video clip to a different (test) project. If you can properly choose the button picture in that case, then there may be a problem with Toast being able to select frames from some video formats.