Joe1952

Roxio opens too large for screen?

Question

Hi,

I have had Roxio Creator on my laptop for over a year. I purchased it, I didn't download it, and the laptop I have it on has never accessed the Internet so I don't think it is an upgrade issue.

It always worked fine, then all of a sudden, when I go to open the program, it opens so large that it doesn't fit my laptop screen. Very weird. I cannot use it this way. I tried to uninstall and re-install but the same thing happens. What could have happened?

Thanks!

Edited by Joe1952

8 answers to this question

Did you change the resolution of your screen?

If you lower the resolution,say going to 640 x 480 from 1024 x 768 then the picture does look bigger and probably wouldn't fit full screen

If you lower the resolution,say going to 640 x 480 from 1024 x 768 then the picture does look bigger and probably wouldn't fit full screen

That is the issue!!! It must have happened by accident or the computer changed on it's own somehow...Strange! I never fool with the resolution, although my grandchild may have touched it....

Thank you! I would not have thought to check that, and I am a retired computer tech...

Have a nice day!

I tried this suggestion, but I already have my resolution maxed out and I still have the same problwm as the original poster.

SSmith,

You haven't said what Operating System you're using.

If it's XP, right-click on a clear area of your screen, select Properties > Settings > Advanced and make sure your DPI setting hasn't slipped from 96 DPI.

post-208-063313000 1297025324.jpg

If it has, change it back to 96 DPI and apply without restarting. Click OK. Does that help?

My OS is Vista. I did check my DPI and it is on 96 DPI. All of my other programs are appearing correctly, just not Creator. All I seem to be able to get as options are screens to upgrade the product. Help!

SSmith,

You haven't said what Operating System you're using.

If it's XP, right-click on a clear area of your screen, select Properties > Settings > Advanced and make sure your DPI setting hasn't slipped from 96 DPI.

post-208-063313000 1297025324.jpg

If it has, change it back to 96 DPI and apply without restarting. Click OK. Does that help?

If you've got a high screen resolution and 96 dpi then Creator should display the right size.

Try changing the Windows screen resolution and dpi to another value, restarting Windows, and then changing them back. Is Creator behaving now?

My OS is Vista. I did check my DPI and it is on 96 DPI. All of my other programs are appearing correctly, just not Creator. All I seem to be able to get as options are screens to upgrade the product. Help!

Exactly what problem are you having? At first you did a "Me too" post now you are saying "All I seem to be able to get as options are screens to upgrade the product". Which is it?

What screen resolution are you set at? "Maxed out" means nothing.