• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
Yngwie

Invalid Pathname 19005 solved (this time)

Question

I have posted a couple times on this issue (Invalid Pathname - 19005), one for the error alone and one for trying to burn a multiple video disc to play on a stand alone DVD player. Well, I just burned those videos to disc and it played on a stand alone DVD player. Here's what I did (for those who are encountering this).

I had .avi videos that kept getting the "Invalid Pathname - 19005" error message and would not burn to an ISO image. Thanks to someone who responded to my posting, I converted the .avi videos to the .mpg2 format (I initially tried the .mpg1 format, but it didn't work, so remember, convert the files to ".mpg2"). In fact, when I burned the .mps2 videos to an ISO image, it completed the process much, much faster then in the .avi format. There was another program mentioned by the gentleman who suggested the .mpg2 format in that same posting that follows:

"TmpgEnc 4 Xpress is an excellent encoder to achieve DVD compliant elementary streams that won't be

reencoded by DVDit Pro HD."

I was succdessful without that program, but if you need it, try it. He knows his stuff. Anyway, thanks to the fine members of this site, I finally have success and a little more knowledge. Thanks to everyone.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet