• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

SarahATC

'No Signal'

Question

The cords are connected correctly. The software is up-to-date. My computer meets the requirements. The video is playing. WHY DO I KEEP GETTING 'NO SIGNAL' WHEN I GET TO THE CONNECT VIDEO SCREEN?!?!?!? I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times. I have rebooted as well. Still nothing. Please help!!

5 answers to this question

The cords are connected correctly. The software is up-to-date. My computer meets the requirements. The video is playing. WHY DO I KEEP GETTING 'NO SIGNAL' WHEN I GET TO THE CONNECT VIDEO SCREEN?!?!?!? I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times. I have rebooted as well. Still nothing. Please help!!

Lets start with some basic information first. Tell us how you have connected the cords to (whatever you have connected...you did not say, I assume you have a VCR) be specific.

The more info you can provide the quicker we can figure out what you are doing. Remember, we are not looking over your shoulder, so you have describe exactly what you are doing and how.

Details, details please.

Well to start, I have the USB extension cord connected directly to my computer. Then I have the 'video capture USB' connected to the extension and the different colored cords attached to this, which were plugged into the front of the tv into the corresponding yellow, white, and red portals. These were initially attached to the back of the tv, but when this didn't work I moved them to the front with the same result. I can't find an S-whatever cord right now, but I hate to buy one if I'm going to get the same result. One more thing, does it matter that this is a TV with a built-in VCR? I tried on an external VCR with the same result.

Here are my MacBook specs:

Mac OS X 10.5.8

Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory: 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Well to start, I have the USB extension cord connected directly to my computer. Then I have the 'video capture USB' connected to the extension and the different colored cords attached to this, which were plugged into the front of the tv into the corresponding yellow, white, and red portals. These were initially attached to the back of the tv, but when this didn't work I moved them to the front with the same result. I can't find an S-whatever cord right now, but I hate to buy one if I'm going to get the same result. One more thing, does it matter that this is a TV with a built-in VCR? I tried on an external VCR with the same result.

Mac OS X 10.5.8

I doubt very much that you will get any signal if you connect to the front of the TV since those are generally "in" ports. Does your TV even have any "out" ports? Check your manual.

Mac OS X 10.5.8

These pictures may help you. They may not look like your exact setup but you should get the idea.

post-68-1271676026.png

post-68-1271676037.png

As mentioned previously the connections on the front of a TV very likely are inputs, not outputs. The back of the TV may have one set of outputs but many TVs have no outputs at all. You say it didn't work to connect directly to the outputs of the VCR. That is how you should be connecting it. Do you get no audio and no video? My device came with a defective cable that connects the outputs of the VCR to the converter so I also got No signal for video although I got one channel of audio. If you are certain you made the connection to an output and not an input and you are using the latest update to the software from Roxio's Software Updates page, then you might consider returning it to the store for a replacement because it may be a defective cable.