• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sleuth77

ROXIO CREATOR PREMIER BLU-RAY 10.3

Question

This is a new computer with Windows 7 Professional O/S. It is a Dell Studio XPS 9000 with 8 GB RAM. I have two users on this computer with both as Administrators. On my side the program works fine. The other user log-in has problems. The video and photo programs don't work. Here is the error message:

Format Loader: LoadImage

Image file "file::Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Roxio Shared\10.0\Common Resources\Shared\Locale\1033\Images\Loading.png cannot be loaded.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

13 answers to this question

This is a new computer with Windows 7 Professional O/S. It is a Dell Studio XPS 9000 with 8 GB RAM. I have two users on this computer with both as Administrators. On my side the program works fine. The other user log-in has problems. The video and photo programs don't work. Here is the error message:

Format Loader: LoadImage

Image file "file::Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Roxio Shared\10.0\Common Resources\Shared\Locale\1033\Images\Loading.png cannot be loaded.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

My guess is that some other software in that other account is blocking it from loading./running properly. What does that one have that the other one doesn't?

Is that a Dell OEM piece of software; they are supposed to support it. Have you contacted them? This may help

My guess is that some other software in that other account is blocking it from loading./running properly. What does that one have that the other one doesn't?

Is that a Dell OEM piece of software; they are supposed to support it. Have you contacted them? This may help

It is a Dell OEM piece of software. I contacted Dell and they had me uninstall the program and reinstall it. Same thing happened after reinstall. Thanks for your reply though.

It is a Dell OEM piece of software. I contacted Dell and they had me uninstall the program and reinstall it. Same thing happened after reinstall. Thanks for your reply though.

Does that other account have something like WindowBlinds?

Does that other account have something like WindowBlinds?

Neither account has WindowBlinds. Here are my specs for the computer:

Dell Studio XPS 9000/XPS 435 T

Intel Core i7 CPU 920@2.67 GHz

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit O/S

8.00 GB RAM

NVidia GeForce GTS 240 Video Card

Creative SB X-Fi Sound Card

Programs on the user account that are not on the account that works:

Pinnacle Studio 14 Ultimate Collection

Picasa 3

Programs on both user accounts:

Adobe PhotoShop Elements 7

ArcSoft PhotoStudio 5.5

Roxio PhotoShow 5

Ashampoo Burning Studio 9

Perhaps it is the Pinnacle Studio 14 Ultimate Collection program that is causing the problem. What do you think?

Programs on the user account that are not on the account that works:

Pinnacle Studio 14 Ultimate Collection

Picasa 3

Perhaps it is the Pinnacle Studio 14 Ultimate Collection program that is causing the problem. What do you think?

Nope, I've got that on mine also and there is no conflict.

I doubt that Picasa would be the culprit.

Perhaps Ashampoo Burning Studio 9, Creator 2010 AND Studio 14 ! :P

Edited by sknis

Nope, I've got that on mine also and there is no conflict.

I doubt that Picasa would be the culprit.

Perhaps Ashampoo Burning Studio 9, Creator 2010 AND Studio 14 ! :P

I uninstalled Ashampoo Burning Studio 9 and it didn't help. I had already uninstalled Easy Media Creator Suite 10. Could there be some leftover files that are causing the conflict?

I uninstalled Ashampoo Burning Studio 9 and it didn't help. I had already uninstalled Easy Media Creator Suite 10. Could there be some leftover files that are causing the conflict?

Possibly. Did you just use Windows to uninstall or did you use this?

Did you try this?

Unfortunately doing a lot of installs and uninstalls will probably end up with neither of the accounts being able to run. Consider a third new account that you both have access to and install only the EMC 10 Premier.

I'm just guessing; I have no idea why it would run on one account and not the other.

Possibly. Did you just use Windows to uninstall or did you use this?

Did you try this?

Unfortunately doing a lot of installs and uninstalls will probably end up with neither of the accounts being able to run. Consider a third new account that you both have access to and install only the EMC 10 Premier.

I'm just guessing; I have no idea why it would run on one account and not the other.

I used Windows Uninstall and I tried the complete Roxio Clean Uninstall. I applied an update which makes the program Version 10.3 rather than 10.0. The particular patch listed in your posting doesn't seem to apply as it won't install.

I forgot to mention that when I try to open MYDVD there is an error message: Unable to load skin. When I try to open My DV D Express I get the error message: Runtime Error: R6025-pure virtual function call.

I will try your other suggestion next.

Thanks

I used Windows Uninstall and I tried the complete Roxio Clean Uninstall. I applied an update which makes the program Version 10.3 rather than 10.0. The particular patch listed in your posting doesn't seem to apply as it won't install.

I forgot to mention that when I try to open MYDVD there is an error message: Unable to load skin. When I try to open My DV D Express I get the error message: Runtime Error: R6025-pure virtual function call.

I will try your other suggestion next.

Thanks

I have solved my problem and it was so simple. I did a right click on the Desktop Icon shortcut for Roxio Premier and selected "Run as Administrator". It now works like it should. Thanks for all of your assistance.

I have solved my problem and it was so simple. I did a right click on the Desktop Icon shortcut for Roxio Premier and selected "Run as Administrator". It now works like it should. Thanks for all of your assistance.

That's a new on on me ! :blink:

That's a new on on me ! :blink:

I used Google to see what it could find regarding my problem and it came up with a Microsoft document that explains what to do to resolves the problem. It worked!

I used Google to see what it could find regarding my problem and it came up with a Microsoft document that explains what to do to resolves the problem. It worked!

Would you share the Microsoft document with us, this may help other users with the same problem.

Would you share the Microsoft document with us, this may help other users with the same problem.

I can't readily find the Microsoft Article stating the problem and its fix. The gist of the article was: User Account Control (UAC) is used in Vista and Windows 7 operating systems to improve the security by limiting application software to standard user privileges until an administrator authorizes an increase or elevation. It listed the applications most affected by this UAC. This is mostly caused by running Windows 7 in protected mode. All you have to do is right click on the desktop shorcut icon and select run as administrator.

Hope that helps.