Videowave 8 problems

jgw99

Question

I have no idea if this is the right place to whine about Videowave 8 and Roxio in general. Its seems impossible to send a message to support, for instance - I have had one ticket outstanding since may with no reply and that was just to ask about buying Videowave 8!

I went ahead and bought Videowave 8 in the thought that it may be better than Nero - it seems to be WORSE! I removed nero completely and also made sure that there were no references to that program in the registry. I then got rid of the media manager and then tried to make a dvd. I added three .mpg files to the project. The program then went to work, cleverly uses 99% of the cpu, for a VERY long time (forever I think) and yet there is no advisory telling the user what in the world its doing. So, it virtually freezes my machine and does not tell me what its doing. After 30 minutes of this I just reboot because the windows 2000 task manager will not come up or, even if it does, I cannot seem stop Videowave. This may just be the way things are but one would think that the program would, at least, say its doing something? I have 1gb of memory and an amd cpu running at 3.?ghz (too lazy to look) and lots of disk space.

Perhaps it might get better in a few months. In the meantime I have nothing but sympathy for those of you beating your heads against this.

Thoughts are of value, and appreciated, although I hold little hope given the pain expressed in other posts.

2 answers to this question

Well this is where people to ask for help. We don't get many posts from people extolling the virtues of the product, but it does work fine for many.

If you have read any responses, have you tried anything? Updated your video drivers? Updated DirectX? If I remember correctly, EMC8 requires Win2K SP4. Make sure you have all of the Windows 2000 updates.

Well this is where people to ask for help. We don't get many posts from people extolling the virtues of the product, but it does work fine for many.

If you have read any responses, have you tried anything? Updated your video drivers? Updated DirectX? If I remember correctly, EMC8 requires Win2K SP4. Make sure you have all of the Windows 2000 updates.

Right, these forums are for users to help each other. We do watch them though. If you have an issue that isnt getting resolved by discussing with other users, I will notice.

Archived