• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 26 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Lands End

Can't add files to DVD+RW

I have the Sonic Record Now version 7 software which came with my Dell computer.

When I try to add files to a DVD, which already had files on it, I get a message "Please insert a blank rewritable disc." I also get a message that says "Please insert an appendable data disc and try again."

Can anyone tell me why I cannot add files to a DVD+RW?? Any help appreciated.

When I try to add files to a DVD, which already had files on it, I get a message "Please insert a blank rewritable disc." I also get a message that says "Please insert an appendable data disc and try again."

Can anyone tell me why I cannot add files to a DVD+RW?? Any help appreciated.

After writing the data to a DVD data disc, the software can either close the disc, or it can leave the disc open so that another session of data can be written to it later. A disc which has been left open is also called an "appendable" disc.

It seems that your original disc has been closed, and your software won't write to it any more.

The best way to deal with an accidentally closed DVD+RW is to copy the data off it to a folder on your hard drive, then erase the RW disc, and then write the data back onto the disc, taking care to leave the disc open for later writing.

If you tell me which part or menu option of Sonic Record Now version 7 you are using to write to the disc, I should be able to point you to the right setting to leave the disc open.

Sorry about that grandpabruce...first time on the site, and I was not well oriented yet to the site...will try to do better the next time...

Lands End.. :unsure:

I have added all the files that I want to add to the disc, but when I click on the burn button, that's when I get the messages. I think you're right, the disc is not open for more files, it is closed. I tried to send you a screen shot but can't seem to get that right either..lol..When I try to add the screenshot, it wants a URL. Don't understand that, so will not try anymore.. If you can direct me to where I need to look to keep the disc open for more files to be added, I will copy them to my hard drive and then burn a new disc and keep it open for more files...really appreciate the help..Thank you.

Lands End

Sorry about that grandpabruce...first time on the site, and I was not well oriented yet to the site...will try to do better the next time...

Lands End.. :unsure:

I have added all the files that I want to add to the disc, but when I click on the burn button, that's when I get the messages. I think you're right, the disc is not open for more files, it is closed. I tried to send you a screen shot but can't seem to get that right either..lol..When I try to add the screenshot, it wants a URL. Don't understand that, so will not try anymore.. If you can direct me to where I need to look to keep the disc open for more files to be added, I will copy them to my hard drive and then burn a new disc and keep it open for more files...really appreciate the help..Thank you.

Lands End

Re-read, and answer the last paragraph in post #3.