• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 27 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

jeff2018

Editing Video

Question

I have been attempting to edit out commercials on a .ts file that was recorded with my Eye TV Hybrid. I am running Toast 9.07 (260) on a Mac Mini using Max OSX 10.6.3.

I have the "fine" option selected and set my edit points and then save it to a disc image as a Blu_ray onto a DVD-5. When I then check the video a second or so of some commercials are not edited out.

I am 99% sure I am doing everything correctly. Can I assume the even in the "fine" mode the editing is not exact?

Anyone with any idea how to precisely edit out the commercials please let me know. Thanks.

4 answers to this question

It isn't possible to precisely edit MPEG 2 video. What Toast does is edit on a key frame that has the entire video content rather than a frame that has information referring to earlier or later frames. I thought the fine mode might just show key frames but your post tells me otherwise.

The only way to make more precise edits is to convert the video to h.264 or DV for editing.

It isn't possible to precisely edit MPEG 2 video. What Toast does is edit on a key frame that has the entire video content rather than a frame that has information referring to earlier or later frames. I thought the fine mode might just show key frames but your post tells me otherwise.

The only way to make more precise edits is to convert the video to h.264 or DV for editing.

Will Toast then edit the H.264 or DV stream with more precision?

Yes but the video editing will be done in Toast rather than in the Toast Video Player. It works the same but looks much different.

Yes but the video editing will be done in Toast rather than in the Toast Video Player. It works the same but looks much different.

Thank you for your help I will give that a try. I didn't even know you could do it in Toast. The Documentation for Toast 9 leaves a LOT to be desired so any help is welcome. Thank you so much!