• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

GeneF

Toast 9 install problem

Question

HI:

I have used many version of Toast on Mac machines. I recently purchased Toast 9 Titanium a CD purchase. And as you know on Mac the install process mounts the software to your desktop. You move the opened disk image to you app directory.

Well when the disk image starts to open I get Codec overrun error. Disk image failed to mount.

So I copied the CD to a external hard drive that I have and tried another install. Same error message?

I noticed on the web site that Roxio had an updated for Toast 9. I was able to down load it and use my CD key to activate it. I have not burned anything yet.

Is Roxio in the habit of shipping bad CD s to customers?

Is there a difference between Toast 9 the update and Toast 9 Titanium?

3 answers to this question

The Toast 9 update download includes everything that is on the disc. Of course the download has newer versions.

I haven't heard of the problem you experienced. But the only thing that matters from the boxed version is getting the activation key.

OK, problems with Toast 9 update:

I downloaded the update, dragged it to the apps folder, it mounted and then at the prompts window after agreeing to the license agreement, the next window for entering the serial # or product key will not accept my product key. The correct number was entered correctly and try as I might the continue button is always un-lit not available. So, my product can't be updated and still is useless. I am really getting tired of no customer support either. I may just have to delete this junk and buy another dvd burning software. Any help is really appreciated!

OK, problems with Toast 9 update:

I downloaded the update, dragged it to the apps folder, it mounted and then at the prompts window after agreeing to the license agreement, the next window for entering the serial # or product key will not accept my product key. The correct number was entered correctly and try as I might the continue button is always un-lit not available. So, my product can't be updated and still is useless. I am really getting tired of no customer support either. I may just have to delete this junk and buy another dvd burning software. Any help is really appreciated!

Unfortunately only Roxio's customer support can help with this specific issue. There are two reasons I'm aware of that can prevent activation. One is entering the wrong key info. The other is the key being blocked from use. The latter requires Roxio's assistance.