• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Changing Duration Of Multiple Transitions/Slides

robert890

Question

Hi, I just bought roxio creator pro 2010.

After an hour of trying, I cannot figure out one simple thing.

How do I change the duration of multiple slides, all at once? When I select several slides, the duration option dissapears?

I have done this for maybe 3 years with different slideshow software. I thought that my new purchase of roxio would be even more advanced? I must be missing something?

I would like to be able to change the duration of multiple photo slides, in a slideshow, without ... having ... to .... click ... on ... and ... change the .... duration .... of .... each .... slide ... individually.

Why? I want change the duration of a first group of photos to sync to the duration of a first song ... and a second group of photos to sync to the the duration of a second song.

Please help. How do I do this?

2 answers to this question

Hi, I just bought roxio creator pro 2010.

After an hour of trying, I cannot figure out one simple thing.

How do I change the duration of multiple slides, all at once? When I select several slides, the duration option dissapears?

I have done this for maybe 3 years with different slideshow software. I thought that my new purchase of roxio would be even more advanced? I must be missing something?

I would like to be able to change the duration of multiple photo slides, in a slideshow, without ... having ... to .... click ... on ... and ... change the .... duration .... of .... each .... slide ... individually.

Why? I want change the duration of a first group of photos to sync to the duration of a first song ... and a second group of photos to sync to the the duration of a second song.

Please help. How do I do this?

Unfortunately you can't :angry2: You can change the duration of all slides or the duration of just one slide. We have complained to Roxio about this "handicap" for many versions but the developers/designers/marketing seem to ignore this obviously very useful feature.

A workaround would be to create a slideshow for each song where each slide would have the same duration, output the slideshow to a video file and the combine the individual slideshow.

Unfortunately you can't :angry2: You can change the duration of all slides or the duration of just one slide. We have complained to Roxio about this "handicap" for many versions but the developers/designers/marketing seem to ignore this obviously very useful feature.

A workaround would be to create a slideshow for each song where each slide would have the same duration, output the slideshow to a video file and the combine the individual slideshow.

I'll just provide some feedback if you're interested.

I paid $130 for this software to make pro quality video photo slide shows.

My first mistake is that I assumed that it was better for this purpose than far less expensive software. My second mistake is not realizing that I was paying for superfluous stuff (e.g. drive clone) that doesn't relate to my mission. I actually feel stupid about it. I've been really busy lately and it must have been a weak moment?

Anyway, what it did do for me is to cripple my usb ports on a computer that I've never had any trouble with -- ever.

I got smarter. I uninstalled the software. Restored my system. All is well again with my usb ports.

I was able to return the software -- thankfully or I'd be ripping my hair out.

Edited by robert890