• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Project will not preview

fhoss

Question

I have partially created a project in videowave and saved it as I went along including up to last night. Today when I open the project instead of the first panel showing up a black panel is there and I can not preview the project. I can see the project and all of the panels and go to the end and can go to timeline and I can click on a panel and edit it but when I do and go back to the entire project I get a panel that suggests something is wrong but gives no detail - except on one try when it said "Could not create the renderer object. This might be caused by Directx 9.0 not being installed or the display adapter not fully supporting Directx 9.0". I have Directx 11 on my machine. Does anyhone have any suggestions. I made a copy of the production and the on the original production I used "restore previous version" to get part of the project back but I am missing a lot and do not want to have to essentially start over.

I also rebooted several times.

6 answers to this question

I have partially created a project in videowave and saved it as I went along including up to last night. Today when I open the project instead of the first panel showing up a black panel is there and I can not preview the project. I can see the project and all of the panels and go to the end and can go to timeline and I can click on a panel and edit it but when I do and go back to the entire project I get a panel that suggests something is wrong but gives no detail - except on one try when it said "Could not create the renderer object. This might be caused by Directx 9.0 not being installed or the display adapter not fully supporting Directx 9.0". I have Directx 11 on my machine. Does anyhone have any suggestions. I made a copy of the production and the on the original production I used "restore previous version" to get part of the project back but I am missing a lot and do not want to have to essentially start over.

What do you see that "suggests" something is wrong? Is it only the first panel?

Are you using the software or hardware render mode? (check under File/Tools/Options, switch to the other mode from the current setting)

This software uses Direct X9. Update your DirectX 9, even though you have a higher DirectX on your computer.

Also, update your video card drivers. It appears that something has gone awry with your production and comptuer.

Edited by grandpabruce

This software uses Direct X9. Update your DirectX 9, even though you have a higher DirectX on your computer.

Also, update your video card drivers. It appears that something has gone awry with your production and comptuer.

Thanks to both of you for responding.

I tried the switch to "software" mode - no help. I ran the graphics test and it said "hardware".

I can right click on a panel and begin to edit it. When I do my first panel photo is restored momentarily. When I return to the project a pop up panel shows up that is blank - except when it tells me about the DirectX 9.0 problem.

Bruce - do you mean I should remove DX 11 and put 9.o back on? How do I do that?

Also, I very recently had a new video card installed - see my signature. Do I still need to update the drivers and if so how do I do that?

I really appreciate your help as I was nearly thru with the project and am ill at the prospect of having to essentially start over.

Frank

Thanks to both of you for responding.

I tried the switch to "software" mode - no help. I ran the graphics test and it said "hardware".

I can right click on a panel and begin to edit it. When I do my first panel photo is restored momentarily. When I return to the project a pop up panel shows up that is blank - except when it tells me about the DirectX 9.0 problem.

Bruce - do you mean I should remove DX 11 and put 9.o back on? How do I do that?

Also, I very recently had a new video card installed - see my signature. Do I still need to update the drivers and if so how do I do that?

I really appreciate your help as I was nearly thru with the project and am ill at the prospect of having to essentially start over.

Frank

No, don't touch your DX 11.

As for the video card drivers, you go to the manufacturer's site and get the latest drivers for you card.

No, don't touch your DX 11.

As for the video card drivers, you go to the manufacturer's site and get the latest drivers for you card.

I updated my drivers insofar as I know and no help. I used both the manufacturer's site and windows.

You mentioned updating my Directx - is that moot now that it is clear \I have DirectX 11?

Frank

I updated my drivers insofar as I know and no help. I used both the manufacturer's site and windows.

You mentioned updating my Directx - is that moot now that it is clear \I have DirectX 11?

Frank

You will have, and no doubt do now, both DirectX 9 and DirectX 11 on your computer.

Here is the URL:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

Edited by grandpabruce