• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 27 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

ytownbob

right click any file starts roxio

Question

After uninstalling roxio 10 and installing roxio 9 any file on my computer that I right click brings up a roxio 10 installation box. What is causing this and is there a file or registry key from 10 that didn't get deleted?

5 answers to this question

After uninstalling roxio 10 and installing roxio 9 any file on my computer that I right click brings up a roxio 10 installation box. What is causing this and is there a file or registry key from 10 that didn't get deleted?

Roxio 9 and 10 are OEM usually from Dell. Is that what you have?

Creator 2009, Creator 2010, Easy Media Creator 10 and Easy Media Creator 9 are full Roxio products.

What did you uninstall and what did you install and how?

Roxio 9 and 10 are OEM usually from Dell. Is that what you have?

Creator 2009, Creator 2010, Easy Media Creator 10 and Easy Media Creator 9 are full Roxio products.

What did you uninstall and what did you install and how?

Did complete uninstall of EMC 10 and installed EMC 9. EMC 9 works fine but whenever I'm doing anything on the computer and I right click a file, Roxio EMC 10 install box starts up. Checked everywhere I could think of for any remnants of emc 10, the registry, all kind of files on harddrive. I'm assuming there must something left of it somewhere to be causing this problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Did complete uninstall of EMC 10 and installed EMC 9. EMC 9 works fine but whenever I'm doing anything on the computer and I right click a file, Roxio EMC 10 install box starts up. Checked everywhere I could think of for any remnants of emc 10, the registry, all kind of files on harddrive. I'm assuming there must something left of it somewhere to be causing this problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Follow every step of the clean install instructions, here:

XP http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/conte...6CR&PARAMS=

Vista http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/conte...7CR&PARAMS=

Downloaded windows installer cleanup tool from microsoft and it did the job. Thanks for the help.

You're welcome. Using the Windows Cleanup tool, were you able to see the leftover EMC 10 items?