• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

bouthot

ECDC 5 and Win 2000

Having problem noted in pinned item at top of board "Ecdc 5 Vs Winxp, Win2000". However, I am not sure I understand the solution.

* As I understand I am to remove ECDC 5 completely using Roxizap

* After uninstalling, can I reinstall ECDC 5 or must I upgrade to version compatible with Win2000?

* If reinstall is option, where can I get copy? My version came installed on Dell Computer - no discs included.

Error Message: There are no supported CD Recorders available.

ECDC Version: 5.3.5.1.0

Having problem noted in pinned item at top of board "Ecdc 5 Vs Winxp, Win2000". However, I am not sure I understand the solution.

* As I understand I am to remove ECDC 5 completely using Roxizap

* After uninstalling, can I reinstall ECDC 5 or must I upgrade to version compatible with Win2000?

* If reinstall is option, where can I get copy? My version came installed on Dell Computer - no discs included.

Contact Dell, as they are the ones that provided you with "THEIR OEM " version of the Roxio software.

You may just have a recorder which isn't recognized by your 5.3.5.1.0. We can't tell, because you didn't say what the recorder is.

Right click My Computer, select properties, (then hardware, if necessary), Device Manager.

Once in Device Manager, find the DVD/CDROM icon, click on the + alongside to expand it and you will see an icon and text information for each CD/DVD device installed. This text is the ID String. Please quote it exactly.

You may just have a recorder which isn't recognized by your 5.3.5.1.0. We can't tell, because you didn't say what the recorder is.

Right click My Computer, select properties, (then hardware, if necessary), Device Manager.

Once in Device Manager, find the DVD/CDROM icon, click on the + alongside to expand it and you will see an icon and text information for each CD/DVD device installed. This text is the ID String. Please quote it exactly.

I did not know that anyone had replied to this post. The text ID string is _NEC CD-RW NR-9300A

Charlie Bouthot