New lightscribe release

ggrussell

Question

8 answers to this question

Bruce--What model of the Lightscribe DVD drive do you have ? I'm curious as I am in the process of getting a new one shipped to me from HP for my new notebook. I have complained enought that they are going to ship me a new one. Mine, that came with the notebook is a TSST corp. DVD/CD-ROM, TS-L532M.

Frank...

Bruce--What model of the Lightscribe DVD drive do you have ? I'm curious as I am in the process of getting a new one shipped to me from HP for my new notebook. I have complained enought that they are going to ship me a new one. Mine, that came with the notebook is a TSST corp. DVD/CD-ROM, TS-L532M.

Frank...

I have the BenQ that is in my signature. I just got it about a week ago.

Have you used it yet to burn a label ? And if so, which software program did you use ? The program that came with my HP notbook is really way to simple and doesn't have hardly any nice default backgrounds that you can use. I downloaded the Lightscribe free program they have and then also downloaded the free program for the background and it's much better but no matter which program I use it still takes almost 1/2 hour to burn a simple disc label.

Frank....

I use EMC's Label Creator. Burning a label will take time. You are literally burning a full DVD and if I understand it correctly, it burns at about 4X (@normal quality). I downloaded all of the backgrounds at Lightscribe's website and they work fine in Label Creator. I also installed the utility that adds quality settings: best, normal and draft. Best is definitely darker, but does take longer.

I'm not sure when it was released, but I know that I checked this site just a few weeks ago. This is release 1.4.97.1.

They also have a collection of artwork that works great with Label Creator 8, too.

I downloaded it a week ago but have only had a chance to burn one lightscribe disc. It came out fine for me. :) It did take a half hour to burn the picture at the best mode.

Well, so far after checking out the program that came with my NP, EMC's and Lightscribe's programs I like Likescribes program the best. If they could just make it burn a little faster it wouldn't be so bad.

Frank.....

Well, so far after checking out the program that came with my NP, EMC's and Lightscribe's programs I like Likescribes program the best. If they could just make it burn a little faster it wouldn't be so bad.

Frank.....

I don't believe any of them will burn fast. Maybe in the future. I do like LightScribe, even though the finished product isn't fantastic. It is good enough for me at the moment, and my wife was impressed with a burner being able to do that. :)

Archived