• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
doz19

burning episodes on Toast

Question

hi,

ive tried to burn the adrian mole series on toast , how come i can only get 5 out of the 6 episodes on one disc? when i put 6 episodes it says theres not enough disc space .. what program can i use so i can get all 6 episodes on one disc? im using re-recordable discs

plz help

cheers

9 answers to this question

I gather you are making a video DVD. Assuming the episodes are 25 minutes each then six episodes is less than 3 hours which Toast should be able to fit if it is doing the MPEG encoding. I don't know what format your existing videos are in. If they already are MPEG 2 then Toast may be using the existing file size. In that case, choose Save as Disc Image. When that is completed select the .toast disc image using the Image File setting in the Copy window. Make sure the fit-to-DVD box is checked and proceed to burn your DVD. Toast will do the additional compression needed to get it all on one disc.

1st one is 51 mins but rest are 25 mins ish-- the episodes are in mpeg4 format

So Toast is doing the encoding. Do what I suggest. Set up everything the way you want your DVD to look and choose Save as Disc Image. When that is done choose the .toast file using the Image File setting in the Copy window and burn your DVD. If the disc image needs additional compression to fit Toast will take care of that.

put the episodes to save as disc image-what does that actually mean?

Choose DVD video as the format in the Video window. Add your six episodes to the video window. Prepare the menu the way you want and give your DVD a name. Choose Save as Disc Image. When that is done select the disc image using the Image File setting in the Copy window. Burn your DVD from it.

dont understand this part : .toast file using the Image File setting in the Copy window cant see a copy window and it seems to have completed the disc image..is the disc image a seperate file or do i just burn the files i put in when i clicked on save as disc image?

dont understand this part : .toast file using the Image File setting in the Copy window cant see a copy window and it seems to have completed the disc image..is the disc image a seperate file or do i just burn the files i put in when i clicked on save as disc image?

There are five icons across the top of the Toast window. From left to right they are for Data, Audio, Video, Copy and Convert. Clicking the icon for "Copy" shows a list of options that includes "Image File". Choosing Image File shows a button labeled "Select". Clicking Select opens a box where you can locate the .toast file that was created when you chose Save as Disc Image. Select that .toast file and then click the burn button to burn your disc.

This is sounding really complicated but it actually is adding one extra step. You said that when you put all six episodes in the Video window and tried to burn the DVD that Toast said there wasn't room on the disc. The workaround is to create a disc image first and then to burn that disc image file via the Copy window as I described above. It's a simple two-step process once you've figured out where everything goes.

think i may have got the hang of it now! hope it will work! thanx for helping me..i'l let you know if it works..just erasing my disc at the mo