• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Newbie looking for books/guides

Dakota_Kid

Question

I have purchased Roxio Creator 2010 and the USB Capture device to convert my VHS and 8mm videos to digital format. I am knowledgable with computers but I am a beginner when it comes to this conversion process.

I am worried that my old VHS and 8mm media (mid 80's) will soon be beyond saving. I want to do more than just copy analog to digital and Roxio sure looks like the right tool to do what I want, I just need some help in getting started.

If anyone would like to point me in the right direction on reading materials or links on how to get started I would greatly appreciate it. I see there is a Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 for Dummies book but I think it might be out of date for Creator 2010.

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

I have purchased Roxio Creator 2010 and the USB Capture device to convert my VHS and 8mm videos to digital format. I am knowledgable with computers but I am a beginner when it comes to this conversion process.

I am worried that my old VHS and 8mm media (mid 80's) will soon be beyond saving. I want to do more than just copy analog to digital and Roxio sure looks like the right tool to do what I want, I just need some help in getting started.

If anyone would like to point me in the right direction on reading materials or links on how to get started I would greatly appreciate it. I see there is a Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 for Dummies book but I think it might be out of date for Creator 2010.

Thanks!

Have a look at the following link. It was pinned a little above your thread.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=59742