memosraf

Production Preview

Question

I had to reinstall Videowave 7 Pro. However the Production Preview pane on the upper left corner is not operative. Although I import video files on the timeline, I cannot preview them because the play button and all others are inactive and do not respond to my clicking. What is the problem? Does anyone know?

5 answers to this question

I'm bumping this up because I am having the same problem! I had to uninstall and reinstall 7.5, and though I can open up my production, nothing appears in the preview area, and I can't play or watch any of the video! This has been a work-in-progress since July, and I am sooooo close to done. Please, any advice as to how this happened and how to fix it?

Guest mlpasley
I'm bumping this up because I am having the same problem! I had to uninstall and reinstall 7.5, and though I can open up my production, nothing appears in the preview area, and I can't play or watch any of the video! This has been a work-in-progress since July, and I am sooooo close to done. Please, any advice as to how this happened and how to fix it?

Have you been able to preview the production up until recently?

If so, this is usually caused by an error in the Storyline. It could be a file or an error that crept in from the program.

I'd suggest you do a File\ Save as....and save another copy of the production. Then work backwards from your last edit and delete what you can remember doing, or delete scenes. Keep an eye on that preview window because when you delete the scene where the error occurs or the editing change, the video will reappear in the preview window.

In my case, I cut a video that had text on it and when I added more text, it caused an error. Others have had trouble with music or transitions.

internal track

Please let us know if you find the cause.

I had to reinstall Videowave 7 Pro. However the Production Preview pane on the upper left corner is not operative. Although I import video files on the timeline, I cannot preview them because the play button and all others are inactive and do not respond to my clicking. What is the problem? Does anyone know?

I missed this post originally.

It might be because your video card needs an update or this might fix it. http://www.nohold.net/noholdcust40/prod_4/...9_ee7000138.xml

It was working fine last time I was working on it (about two weeks ago). Since then I have unintsalled and reinstalled EMC 7.5, and now when I open the project the preview doesn't work. I haven't done anything to it (added or deleted) since it was working fine last time, so undoing things won't really help at all, and I'm not sure that I can undo! Anything else? When I work on other productions it's ok.

Guest mlpasley
It was working fine last time I was working on it (about two weeks ago). Since then I have unintsalled and reinstalled EMC 7.5, and now when I open the project the preview doesn't work. I haven't done anything to it (added or deleted) since it was working fine last time, so undoing things won't really help at all, and I'm not sure that I can undo! Anything else? When I work on other productions it's ok.

If I understand you correctly, the preview works with other productions, just not this one.

That probably means that there is something wrong with this one production. Since you didn't change anything, it might be that one of the files you used in the production has become corrupt. The only way I know of to find which file it is would be to save another copy of the production and start deleting files until the preview window comes back. The file you deleted just before the preview window came back would be the problem. You could also try deleting the transitions, sound, text and see if any of that helps, but I'd suggest that you do it with the second copy so that you don't have to redo the entire production.