Roxio Creator 2010 PRO integration

Jamsession

Question

After days of struggle (!), I've finally managed to install RC2010 PRO. Unfortunately, I have one remaining small irritation, namely that some applications - such as Browse and Manage Media - are not integrated within RC2010 PRO. I can open them separately from the Start menu, but it's a niggle and would welcome any suggestions on resolving.

16 answers to this question

After days of struggle (!), I've finally managed to install RC2010 PRO. Unfortunately, I have one remaining small irritation, namely that some applications - such as Browse and Manage Media - are not integrated within RC2010 PRO. I can open them separately from the Start menu, but it's a niggle and would welcome any suggestions on resolving.

Is it that you can't find it on the Home page or once you click on it, it doesn't open? Only this program or others also?

You should find Media Manager under the Video/Movies and the Music/Audio and the Photo tabs and then look to the right under enjoy. It is not under the Data/Copy tab.

Is it that you can't find it on the Home page or once you click on it, it doesn't open? Only this program or others also?

You should find Media Manager under the Video/Movies and the Music/Audio and the Photo tabs and then look to the right under enjoy. It is not under the Data/Copy tab.

That's the problem - not all tabs have the "Enjoy" feature. Prior to reinstallation, I think the audio feature had Enjoy: Manage Media (or something similar), but it didn't work. That's why I reinstalled. Now, it works as a separate application, but doesn't appear anywhere on my Home page or any of the Tabs. It's a small niggle perhaps, but if there's a way of getting the package "integrated" it would be nice after all the heartburn I've had.

That's the problem - not all tabs have the "Enjoy" feature. Prior to reinstallation, I think the audio feature had Enjoy: Manage Media (or something similar), but it didn't work. That's why I reinstalled. Now, it works as a separate application, but doesn't appear anywhere on my Home page or any of the Tabs. It's a small niggle perhaps, but if there's a way of getting the package "integrated" it would be nice after all the heartburn I've had.

I'm not sure you want to go through the full uninstall again. :( That's the only way to cure the problem without doing a lot of editing the program. Why don't you create a shortcut to the application? Since you don't see the "Enjoy", you are probably also missing a couple of other applications.

You could try to uninstall using Revo Uninstaller in the Moderate Mode, prepare your computer like this and then reinstall. Make sure that anti-virus of off; not just paused.

I'm not sure you want to go through the full uninstall again. :( That's the only way to cure the problem without doing a lot of editing the program. Why don't you create a shortcut to the application? Since you don't see the "Enjoy", you are probably also missing a couple of other applications.

You could try to uninstall using Revo Uninstaller in the Moderate Mode, prepare your computer like this and then reinstall. Make sure that anti-virus of off; not just paused.

Thanks. Did all that - and ran http://www.dutran.com/Roxio/RemoveUninstallKeysC2010.zip - a couple of days ago. Finally got me to the point I'm now at. And my short term solution had been to add a desktop shortcut to Media Manager. It works. I'm just a bit frustrated that it doesn't work "as advertised".

I must say that if RC 2010 Pro was a car, I'd be looking for "lemon" law legislation. If the number of problems people are experiencing is any indication, it needs some fairly detailed re-engineering - and perhaps some patches to make it a little less buggy, temperamental and unstable!

Thanks. Did all that - and ran http://www.dutran.com/Roxio/RemoveUninstallKeysC2010.zip - a couple of days ago. Finally got me to the point I'm now at. And my short term solution had been to add a desktop shortcut to Media Manager. It works. I'm just a bit frustrated that it doesn't work "as advertised".

I must say that if RC 2010 Pro was a car, I'd be looking for "lemon" law legislation. If the number of problems people are experiencing is any indication, it needs some fairly detailed re-engineering - and perhaps some patches to make it a little less buggy, temperamental and unstable!

I would have a look at this post, http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...st&p=323717

Why do you call the program RC 2010, or are you taking a poke at Roxio?

cd

I would have a look at this post, http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...st&p=323717

Why do you call the program RC 2010, or are you taking a poke at Roxio?

cd

Many thanks. I've had a look at the suggested website; it doesn't appear to apply to me. I'm on Windows 7.

I'm not sure why you question my calling the program RC2010 [PRO]; that's what it is, isn't it? It certainly says that on the program icon and the program home page. The Media Manager is supposed to be an integral part of that program, isn't it?

I might add that I had similar install and operating problems with EMC 9 or 10 (I can't recall which version), which was also developed by Roxio. I have never ever had such, almost intractable, installation problems with any other software program I've ever used (perhaps other than early versions of the on-line Encyclopedia Britannica).

If that's a poke at Roxio, then so be it. Based on my review of multitude of pleas for help on the discussion site, I wouldn't be the only one who'd wish they would do something about making their software easier to install and less temperamental!

Many thanks. I've had a look at the suggested website; it doesn't appear to apply to me. I'm on Windows 7.

I'm not sure why you question my calling the program RC2010 [PRO]; that's what it is, isn't it? It certainly says that on the program icon and the program home page. The Media Manager is supposed to be an integral part of that program, isn't it?

I might add that I had similar install and operating problems with EMC 9 or 10 (I can't recall which version), which was also developed by Roxio. I have never ever had such, almost intractable, installation problems with any other software program I've ever used (perhaps other than early versions of the on-line Encyclopedia Britannica).

If that's a poke at Roxio, then so be it. Based on my review of multitude of pleas for help on the discussion site, I wouldn't be the only one who'd wish they would do something about making their software easier to install and less temperamental!

I think cd is confusing the rc2010 to stand for Release Candidate, a pun, rather than the Roxio Creator as you intended???

You are correct, for some systems, install can be a bit of a hassle.

As far as Media Manager, it works as it was intended to work.

The Browse and Manage Media button is found in each and every Media Tab as well as under the File-New Project menu (media)…

It is not under “Data” because ‘data’ is not “media” per se

Please confirm that the Browse and Manage Media button is present under your 3 Media tabs as well as the File-New Project-Media menu from the Home App???

I think cd is confusing the rc2010 to stand for Release Candidate, a pun, rather than the Roxio Creator as you intended???

You are correct, for some systems, install can be a bit of a hassle.

As far as Media Manager, it works as it was intended to work.

The Browse and Manage Media button is found in each and every Media Tab as well as under the File-New Project menu (media)…

It is not under “Data” because ‘data’ is not “media” per se

Please confirm that the Browse and Manage Media button is present under your 3 Media tabs as well as the File-New Project-Media menu from the Home App???

No. On my system, the Browse and Manage Media button is not found on any of the Media Tabs; nor is it present on the File/New Project menu. It's present only in a separate Applications folder - from which it works. I wanted to see if anyone could offer a suggestion (apart from the root canal of re-installation) to integrate it as you suggest it should be.

Yes, I think it does apply to you, Bucco has missing applications just like you, read the whole post please.

I would follow Sonic Booms advice in that post to fix your installation problem.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...st&p=323717

Here is the W-7 Microsoft link, Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7...

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

The Browse and Manage Media button is found in each and every Media Tab as well as under the File-New Project menu (media)… It is not under “Data” because ‘data’ is not “media” per se…

I show the Manage Media button too, in every place Jim has described..

Thanks Jim, that is exactly what I was thinking.. :rolleyes:

cd

Yes, I think it does apply to you, Bucco has missing applications just like you, read the whole post please.

I would follow Sonic Booms advice in that post to fix your installation problem.

Thanks Jim, that is exactly what I was thinking.. :rolleyes:

cd

I agree with cd’s assessment – you have an application missing and that is from a faulty install!

You really need to read through the link he posted.

You also need to decide where you want to go at this point. You can fix the faulty install or continue with the workaround you have…

However it will never “integrate” into a form that will fill your wishful picture. It is what it is, and works as I described…

I am a little concerned that Media Manager will show up and work OK should you decide to leave it alone???

Open VideoWave (Edit Video-Advanced) and click on Show Media Selector – green arrows:

post-39730-1273506098.jpg

It may be floating or docked like mine. There are 2 tabs for it (red arrows) My Media as well as Folders.

Folders work like Windows Explorer whereas My Media should work in conjunction with Media Manager.

Also if you do have Media Manager running, you should be able to drag objects that you have in your collections directly into VW and other applications. (I am not a drag fan but sometimes it is all you have :( )

Make sure these things work correctly before you dismiss a Clean Install and let us know what you find.

Try this

Without uninstalling delete these folders (copy them first to some backup location) and relaunch the main app on the desktop

C:\ProgramData\Sonic\rxc.db

C:\ProgramData\Sonic\sarlicense11.dat

C:\Users\<installed user>\AppData\Local\Sonic_Solutions (Delete whole folder)

Sorry guys. That didn't solve my problem, but it gave me another problem - my Media Manager has stopped working.

I tried to rerun the installation program (which I got online) to repair but it stopped with "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable" "Click OK to try again or enter an alternate (sic!) path to a folder containing the installation package RCPROD.msi in the box below......[which says] Use source:

C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Local\Temp\WZSE0.TMP\ROXIOCENTRAL_50\

I wanted to avoid it like the plague, but I suspect I'm facing yet another (in the long series of) clean install!!

Did you try Sonic Booms advice in post # 12?

Try this

Without uninstalling delete these folders (copy them first to some backup location) and relaunch the main app on the desktop

C:\ProgramData\Sonic\rxc.db

C:\ProgramData\Sonic\sarlicense11.dat

C:\Users\<installed user>\AppData\Local\Sonic_Solutions (Delete whole folder)

cd

I wonder if your disc is bad. Before doing the clean install try this.

1. Uninstall everything that is Roxio related from the Control Panel Add Remove if there is anything there.

2. Run the .reg file provided in the link below

http://www.dutran.com/Roxio/RemoveUninstallKeysC2010.zip

3. Copy all files from disc to hard drive

4. Install Creator 2010 from hard drive

I wonder if your disc is bad. Before doing the clean install try this.

1. Uninstall everything that is Roxio related from the Control Panel Add Remove if there is anything there.

2. Run the .reg file provided in the link below

http://www.dutran.com/Roxio/RemoveUninstallKeysC2010.zip

3. Copy all files from disc to hard drive

4. Install Creator 2010 from hard drive

In relation to last post, my disk is fine - I've confirmed that.

But I've now got all the "bits" working again, but not integrated - and I've decided to call it quits....not to let the (as advertised) perfect be the enemy of the (realistically acceptable) good.

Thanks to all for contributing to this discussion.

In relation to last post, my disk is fine - I've confirmed that.

But I've now got all the "bits" working again, but not integrated - and I've decided to call it quits....not to let the (as advertised) perfect be the enemy of the (realistically acceptable) good.

Thanks to all for contributing to this discussion.

Do you mind if I ask how?

Sonic Boom is very good at installation issues, your installation is broke, if you think it's fine then so be it...

cd