Dtind

Creator 6 Plat DVD/CD ROM drive problems

After installing Creator 6 Platinum, having problems with programs or computer recognizing my D:/ drive (DVD/CD ROM/RW drive).

When I click on my D: drive I get the message "D:/ is not accessible. Incorrect function"

When trying to burn a CD using Windows media player, I get message "Windows Media Player cannot not burn the files to the CD"

I CAN burn to CD using Creator 6 programs, I have also been successful burning a CD using iTunes.

But I cannot use my computer and double click on D:/ drive to see what is on the CD.

Using device manager show D:/ drive working properly

Easy CD & DVD Creator 6 Platinum

I have installed all the updates for this program from Roxio.

Using Windows Home XP with all current updates installed.

Any suggestions?

There was a reply to my post yesterday by user 'cdanteek' which is no longer here. Must have been removed. Do you think cdanteek's reply to my problem was legit or was it something else?

Here is part of what was posted:

"Make a new folder on your desktop download PX Engine 3_00_58a .exe to that folder (# 7 in my signature), now unzip WINZIP WinRAR the compressed PX Engine 3_00_58a.exe file in the folder. Double click the .exe, run it follow the prompts and reboot the pc.

7.click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Full Installer, use first, then run the PX Engine 4.18.16a. Updater Only .Click here

cd"

Everything cdanteek says is legit. Have you tried what he suggested?

He and I were discussing it and thought it probably would not work, since the early versions used a different burning engine. He didn't want to steer you in the wrong direction so he removed his post, but it would be nice if it worked anyway.

I gather from what you're saying, that you can burn discs with Creator 6 Platinum or iTunes and that your Creator engine has been updated to 6.2.0.134, but you can't open a CD with Explorer to see what's on the disc.

-do I have it right?

What sort of CD have you tried to open with Explorer, audio or data or both?

Brendon

I tried exactly what cdanteek suggested and no change.

Creator engine is updated to 6.2.0.134.

I can open, view files on, and play audio CD's.

I can open, view files on, and play DVD's.

I can open and view files on Data CD's.

I CANNOT open nor view files on blank CD's or DVD's.

My DVD/CD Rom drive is D:/

With blank CD/DVDs, when I go to my computer and double click on the D:/ drive it gives me the error "D:/ is not accessible. Incorrect function."

I get this same message when I try to look on my D:/ drive when using Creator 6 software to view the blank CD/DVD in the D:/ drive.

Thus I cannot drag and drop to that drive to burn a cd using windows software.

Same with Windows Media Player. If I try to burn a CD it gives message "Windows Media Player cannot not burn the files to the CD"

I have DVD burning software from Slysoft Clone DVD that I can no longer burn movies to a DVD.

This happened after installing Ceator 6.

Whats wierd is that I can burn to these blank CD/DVDs using Creator 6 software. Then once burning is completed, I CAN view, open, and play the files on that CD/DVD using ANY software on my computer. I just when the CD/DVD is blank, Windows explorer, and other programs such as Windows media player and Slysoft Clone DVD software don't seem to be able to read the D:/ drive with the blank CD/DVD.

I CAN burn to a CD using iTunes.

I CAN burn a CD/DVD using Creator 6 softwares.

I CANNOT burn a CD/DVD using Windows explorer, windows media player, and other programs such as Slysofts Clone DVD..

Thanks for the help and questions

I CANNOT open nor view files on blank CD's or DVD's.

My DVD/CD Rom drive is D:/

With blank CD/DVDs, when I go to my computer and double click on the D:/ drive it gives me the error "D:/ is not accessible. Incorrect function."

I get this same message when I try to look on my D:/ drive when using Creator 6 software to view the blank CD/DVD in the D:/ drive.

This is standard XP behavior. Your writer is not enabled for recording from the Operating System.

Creator 6 and a bunch of other programs use Windows Explorer to look at drive contents, so they'll all give the "not accessible. Incorrect function" error until the burner is enabled.

Try the following:

-go to My Computer, and right-click on your burner drive. Select Properties.

-in the properties box, select Recording

post-208-1273476107.jpg

-Check the box I've outlined to Enable CD recording on the drive, then pick a drive for temp image, set your speed, click Apply, and OK.

You should now be able to open the drive in Explorer and drag file(s) and drop them onto it for burning under Windows XP.

Same with Windows Media Player. If I try to burn a CD it gives message "Windows Media Player cannot not burn the files to the CD"

I have DVD burning software from Slysoft Clone DVD that I can no longer burn movies to a DVD.

This happened after installing Ceator 6.

I'm not sure why THAT is happening to you. I managed to get that near-useless Windows Media Player to burn to disc [i don't like it] and I had no problems at all burning a DVD with Clone DVD on the same XP system that I'm running Easy CD and DVD Creator 6 on. I wonder if iTunes is interfering on your machine - it wouldn't be the first time users of iTunes have found that it mucks up other burning programs.

I suggest you enable the burner in Windows and see if it then behaves the way you expect. If WMP and CloneDVD are still having problems, try reinstalling them.

Please let me know how you get on.

Regards,

Brendon

Bingo!

After enabling CD recording I can open, view, and burn to blank CD/DVDs using windows explorer windows software and Windows Media Player. It seemed to fix most my issues.

However I am having some difficulty with CloneDVD, will try a complete uninstall and reinstall.

And since installing cdanteek's recommendation, I am having trouble with iTunes, getting error "registry setting used by itunes drivers are missing. Can happen as a result of installing other CD burning software. Try reinstalling itunes"

I reinstalled iTunes once but did not fix problem. I'll keep working on that.

Thanks for the continued help