gmbdl

pdf extension

Question

I am in a panic. I am hoping someone still reads the the EMC 9 forums. I have pictures on a memory stick and most of them are in an adobe PDF file. Roxio won't recognize them. Anyway to change the extension without scanning them again??? I did put a few of the pictures on my hard drive, just to work with them, but can't get those to show up in Roxio. Opened them up in Adobe, went to "save as", but doesn't give me any option but PDF. Thanks again. MK

3 answers to this question

I am in a panic. I am hoping someone still reads the the EMC 9 forums. I have pictures on a memory stick and most of them are in an adobe PDF file. Roxio won't recognize them. Anyway to change the extension without scanning them again??? I did put a few of the pictures on my hard drive, just to work with them, but can't get those to show up in Roxio. Opened them up in Adobe, went to "save as", but doesn't give me any option but PDF. Thanks again. MK

pdf files are not recognized by Roxio even if you change the extension. To what format did you scan the images? if you did not erase them they should still be on your hard drive.

There are programs available that can convert pdf files to other file extensions if you are interested. This is one example link---

http://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-t...-or-jpg-format/

Frank...

Thanks so much to both of you for a quick response. The person who scanned the pictures is rescanning them into a jpeg file. I think they accidentally scanned the pictures into a document file the first time. After trying everything we decided to start from scratch. I have never run into that problem before and learned alot last night. Thanks again - I appreciate the help. MK