• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Copy and Convert

timj

Question

I used copy and convert a couple of times and worked fine. Now when I clilck on it to open, it just won't. I tried from the icon on homepage, to icon in another area, and in the video section, selecting 'Copy and Convert'...no luck. Any help appreciated. I saw other posts on SP2...I have that but it still doesn't work. Program doesn't crash, it just doesn't open.

tim

Edited by timj

9 answers to this question

I used copy and convert a couple of times and worked fine. Now when I clilck on it to open, it just won't. I tried from the icon on homepage, to icon in another area, and in the video section, selecting 'Copy and Convert'...no luck. Any help appreciated. I saw other posts on SP2...I have that but it still doesn't work. Program doesn't crash, it just doesn't open.

tim

Your software is Roxio Creator 2010?

Your using Video Copy and Convert a application of the above named suite, Creator 2010?

cd

I am new to this software so I am tacking onto the previous comment. I, too, am having the same problem, Guru. I have a fresh copy of Creator 10 Special Edition which hangs up when I start the conversion within Copy and Convert and I am required to go to Task Manager to get back out. Task Mgr reports that the program is "Not Responding". Everything in Copy and Convert seems to work except the final conversion process starting at the right facing green arrow at the bottom right of the window. I use Win7 and all should be up to date with drivers and plugins. I have SP2 installed as well. I have started a conversion using different software [Prism] to convert an avi file to MP4 and it seems to be going well but fairly slowly. Has there been any experience with hangs on the Copy and Convert module? Is this a software bug or is it in my configuration or am I making a mistake in entering what I want to do in the module.

What I am really trying to learn is to convert a downloaded avi file to DVD format and burn it so that I can playback through my DVD player to see the movie on our big HDTV

Edited by greysells2

I am new to this software so I am tacking onto the previous comment. I, too, am having the same problem, Guru. I have a fresh copy of Creator 10 Special Edition which hangs up when I start the conversion within Copy and Convert and I am required to go to Task Manager to get back out. Task Mgr reports that the program is "Not Responding". Everything in Copy and Convert seems to work except the final conversion process starting at the right facing green arrow at the bottom right of the window. I use Win7 and all should be up to date with drivers and plugins. I have SP2 installed as well. I have started a conversion using different software [Prism] to convert an avi file to MP4 and it seems to be going well but fairly slowly. Has there been any experience with hangs on the Copy and Convert module? Is this a software bug or is it in my configuration or am I making a mistake in entering what I want to do in the module.

What I am really trying to learn is to convert a downloaded avi file to DVD format and burn it so that I can playback through my DVD player to see the movie on our big HDTV

That is Creator 2010 Special Edition. Don't use shortcuts in the name or you post might be moved to Easy Media Creator 10 ! :(

Go to WINDOWS, Start, Programs, Creator 2010, Applications and right clcikon the Video Copy and Convert program. Do you see an option to run as adminstrator; if so, do that. If not jsu open it. Does it open that way.

Is the download video covered by DRM protection? No Roxio program will work with DRM protected files. What kind of AVI file is it. There are many different types. Where did you don load it from? Download and run gspot free information codec appliance on it and tell us what it says for video codec and audio codec.

We can't comment on your configuration without knowing what hardware you have. Please post that.

Edited by sknis

I bought Roxio 2010 and is trying to use the copy and convert with my TIVO. I think I am doing it right bywhen I hit go to copy the mivies it goes to 8% and stays there. How of a time frame should it take, it is staying at 8% over 5 HR's.

I bought Roxio 2010 and is trying to use the copy and convert with my TIVO. I think I am doing it right bywhen I hit go to copy the mivies it goes to 8% and stays there. How of a time frame should it take, it is staying at 8% over 5 HR's.

Depends on the length of the video but no, it shouldn't take that long. Go to top right and click on 'Options'. Then click the 'Format' tab. What is 'Render using' set to? Try changing it to the other choice and see if that helps.

You might also want to post your computer info specifically your video card info.

Depends on the length of the video but no, it shouldn't take that long. Go to top right and click on 'Options'. Then click the 'Format' tab. What is 'Render using' set to? Try changing it to the other choice and see if that helps.

You might also want to post your computer info specifically your video card info.

I get the exact same thing when I want to copy and convert 1h40min of avi to dvd i keep getting 8% and then it just freezes up. I also did a clean install and no luck it worked once and after that never again. I'm running creator 2010 pro, windows 7 ult 64bit duo core 2.53ghz t9400, 4gb ram, hp pavilion dv7 notebook. I also did 2 updates with the roxio updater on the help drop-down menu. I've also tried the options thing and switched that to software and still no luck. any more suggestions?

You probably have a corruption in the download - you are using a ripped source and anything could be fauklty

You do realise that what you are doing is actually illegal (and keep in mind that 5,000 downloaders of the Hurt Locker are now facing court action over downloading it)?

see this post

Edited by gi7omy

You probably have a corruption in the download - you are using a ripped source and anything could be fauklty

You do realise that what you are doing is actually illegal (and keep in mind that 5,000 downloaders of the Hurt Locker are now facing court action over downloading it)?

see this post

Thanks for all the help! No this is video that was shot on my camera... not a bit-torrent download! So Please don't make accusations! I teach Chinese martial arts and my schools demos I put them on video to DVD for the students. My Win 7 DVD maker is superior to the Roxio copy and convert or myDVD that is totally useless works only 5% of the time. Roxio myDVD does not allow for 2 separate buttons play and scenes/chapters. Also on the copy and convert I took some 20min's of video made an iso image that played ok on my pc when I burned it to a disc it played ok on the pc too, but wouldn't play on my DVD player. Plus you have to tweak the Roxio a lot more just to produce a single DVD. Not very user friendly. I've been looking at Cyberlink and might try that one.

Each of the major video editing software packages have their strengths and weaknesses. Most of us have more than one; most of us find this one is a good balance of functionality and user friendliness. The trick is to find the one that works the way you think it should work. No use fighting one that is incompressible to the way you think. I did try some of those. B)