Sign in to follow this  
Nick228537

Converting .MOV files

I am using a pocket video camera Kodak Zi8. It saves data in .MOV files. When putting together a video, I get no sound.

I have added .Mov files directly to My DVD and no sound. I have converted to WMV files with Roxio Creator 2010 and get no sound.

The only way I get sound is using Kodak software and convert each video segment to MP4 files and then add to My DVD and create a video.

This works fine except, that I am recording in 1080P at 30FPS and I lose a lot of resolution doing this.

This is the same problem that I had in Creator 2009 and that is why I upgraded. This version is supposed to create in HD with sound, but it does not.

What am I doing wrong and how to I correct this?

I am using a pocket video camera Kodak Zi8. It saves data in .MOV files. When putting together a video, I get no sound.

I have added .Mov files directly to My DVD and no sound. I have converted to WMV files with Roxio Creator 2010 and get no sound.

The only way I get sound is using Kodak software and convert each video segment to MP4 files and then add to My DVD and create a video.

This works fine except, that I am recording in 1080P at 30FPS and I lose a lot of resolution doing this.

This is the same problem that I had in Creator 2009 and that is why I upgraded. This version is supposed to create in HD with sound, but it does not.

What am I doing wrong and how to I correct this?

Set Windows to show known file extensions via the folders options. Change the MOV file extension to mp4. This has worked for others with that camera.

Set Windows to show known file extensions via the folders options. Change the MOV file extension to mp4. This has worked for others with that camera.

Thanks,

That worked very well