Copying pics to DVD

jgb2007

Question

Hi everyone

I been trying to copy 500 pics and make a slide show.I try CineMagic and My DVD on REMC 9 Video PRG.eACH prg finish with no error and said complete,But when I put it in my DVD Player I get this error

(DISC COUNLD NOT BE EITHER PLAY OR RECORD)Please someone tell me what I doing wrong.

Thank

14 answers to this question

Hi everyone

I been trying to copy 500 pics and make a slide show.I try CineMagic and My DVD on REMC 9 Video PRG.eACH prg finish with no error and said complete,But when I put it in my DVD Player I get this error

(DISC COUNLD NOT BE EITHER PLAY OR RECORD)Please someone tell me what I doing wrong.

Thank

You posted in the Creator 2009 forum but state you are using EMC 9. So i moved your post to the correct forum.

First of all, don't use Cinemagic, it is very limited in its features.

To assemble a slideshow, you should be using Videowave. That program is designed for that purpose. Once you have created your slideshow, save it as a project file using the Save As option (remember where you save it, it will have the extension dmsm). Then exit Videowave and start myDVD. myDVD is the program to use for creating the menus and burning the DVD.

Once you have started myDVD, use Add Movie/Photos to add the Videowave project file (it has the extension dmsm). Complete your menu and then you can burn to DVD.

I don't under stand your error message: "DISC COUNLD NOT BE EITHER PLAY OR RECORD"

BTW, I would start with a small slideshow of only a few pictures until you know what you are doing. Use RW DVDs for that purpose.

You posted in the Creator 2009 forum but state you are using EMC 9. So i moved your post to the correct forum.

First of all, don't use Cinemagic, it is very limited in its features.

To assemble a slideshow, you should be using Videowave. That program is designed for that purpose. Once you have created your slideshow, save it as a project file using the Save As option (remember where you save it, it will have the extension dmsm). Then exit Videowave and start myDVD. myDVD is the program to use for creating the menus and burning the DVD.

Once you have started myDVD, use Add Movie/Photos to add the Videowave project file (it has the extension dmsm). Complete your menu and then you can burn to DVD.

I don't under stand your error message: "DISC COUNLD NOT BE EITHER PLAY OR RECORD"

BTW, I would start with a small slideshow of only a few pictures until you know what you are doing. Use RW DVDs for that purpose.

Hey Thank

I have done everything you said and did one DVD with just 97 photo and it work.But the blue screen of death came up with it went to auto play,But it complete and still play on my DVD PLAYER .soo NOW I try to do 400 photos in MY DVD PRG and when I click burn NOW Im getting the error Videowave encounter a problem and must close.Soo I close the PRG MY DVD and just put in 97 photos and it giving me the same error.It look like my PRG is crashing ANY ADVICES

Hey Thank

I have done everything you said and did one DVD with just 97 photo and it work.But the blue screen of death came up with it went to auto play,But it complete and still play on my DVD PLAYER .soo NOW I try to do 400 photos in MY DVD PRG and when I click burn NOW Im getting the error Videowave encounter a problem and must close.Soo I close the PRG MY DVD and just put in 97 photos and it giving me the same error.It look like my PRG is crashing ANY ADVICES

Please post your computer specs including your video card/chip information and what Operating System you are using? Is it a laptop or desktop? Since it worked with 97 photos, then the software is most likely OK.

You got a BSOD when you went to play the DVD on your computer? When did you do any maintenance on it? Have you ever updated the video drivers? Is it well above the minimum specs for the program?

A couple of things to remember especially with that many photos. You can get only about 1 hour worth of best quality video on a single sided disc; up to a little less than 2 hours at crap quality. You would not be able to put more than 2 hours on a disc.

There are different quality DVD media. If you are using Memorex or store brands, they are sometimes the problem, Get some Verbatim discs. Also get some RW to play with. If you have 400-500 images at about 8 seconds each then you are just over the 1 hour limit. If the images are displayed longer than that you may run into quality issues.

You had several other posts in the past about a bad burner and other issues to which you never responded to tell us if your problems were fixed. Please do so in this thread.

Edited by sknis

Please post your computer specs including your video card/chip information and what Operating System you are using? Is it a laptop or desktop? Since it worked with 97 photos, then the software is most likely OK.

You got a BSOD when you went to play the DVD on your computer? When did you do any maintenance on it? Have you ever updated the video drivers? Is it well above the minimum specs for the program?

A couple of things to remember especially with that many photos. You can get only about 1 hour worth of best quality video on a single sided disc; up to a little less than 2 hours at crap quality. You would not be able to put more than 2 hours on a disc.

There are different quality DVD media. If you are using Memorex or store brands, they are sometimes the problem, Get some Verbatim discs. Also get some RW to play with. If you have 400-500 images at about 8 seconds each then you are just over the 1 hour limit. If the images are displayed longer than that you may run into quality issues.

You had several other posts in the past about a bad burner and other issues to which you never responded to tell us if your problems were fixed. Please do so in this thread.

Thank

You rigth I will put my PC Spec in went I get Time.? Is there a website that research and tell me the exact Spec of my PC or a shortcut

Thank

You rigth I will put my PC Spec in went I get Time.? Is there a website that research and tell me the exact Spec of my PC or a shortcut

What manufacturer and what full model number. Laptop or desktop. We usually can find the rest. if you know know anything about your computer, how did you determine if it met the minimum specifications for the program. I'm now leaning to the assumption that it won't.

Do you have Easy Media Cretor 9 or do you have a version that came with the computer?

We'll answer when we have time. :angry:

Edited by sknis

What manufacturer and what full model number. Laptop or desktop. We usually can find the rest. if you know know anything about your computer, how did you determine if it met the minimum specifications for the program. I'm now leaning to the assumption that it won't.

Do you have Easy Media Cretor 9 or do you have a version that came with the computer?

1st Im sorry if I offend anyone and really I to thank everyone with hepling me with my problems.Thank again for everyone help and I will follow up with a comment if anyone solution work or not.I do have full Ver EMC9.The spec are

Windows: Windows XP5.1 (Build 2600) Service Pack 3

Internet Explorer: 8.0.6001.18702

Memory (RAM): 3071 MB

CPU Info: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.80GHz

CPU Speed: 2777.9 MHz

Sound card: SB Audigy Audio [DF20]

Display Adapters: NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro | NetMeeting driver | RDPDD Chained DD

Monitors: 1

Screen Resolution: 1024 X 768 - 32 bit

Network: Network Present

Network Adapters: Intel® PRO/1000 MT Network Connection - Packet Scheduler Miniport

CD / DVD Drives: D: HL-DT-STDVD-RAM GSA-H55N | E: Memorex 48MAX 244816AJ

COM Ports: COM2 | COM1

LPT Ports: LPT1

Mouse: 5 Button Wheel Mouse Present

Hard Disks: C: 149.0GB | F: 149.0GB

Hard Disks - Free: C: 113.6GB | F: 87.2GB

USB Controllers: 5 host controllers.

Firewire (1394): 1 host controllers.

PCMCIA (Laptops): Not Installed

Manufacturer: Dell Computer Corporation

Product Make: Precision WorkStation 360

AC Power Status: OnLine

BIOS Info: AT/AT COMPATIBLE | 05/17/04 | DELL - 7

Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time

Battery: No Battery

Motherboard: Dell Computer Corp. 0W2563

Modem: Sony Ericsson Device 115 USB WMC Data Modem

Sony Ericsson Device 115 USB WMC Modem

Hey I can I get those cute spec in my profile like all of yu...lol

[edited to remove duplicate text]

Edited by Brendon

Hey I can I get those cute spec in my profile like all of yu...lol

I'm sure you didn't mean to say all that twice, so I removed the second copy of your message to try and help.

If you want the "cute specs" in your profile, you'll first need to get the cute hardware the folks have. :)

Seriously though, you can put a condensed version of those specs into your 'signature', and it's a handy thing to have there.

Go near the top of the forum page just under the blue line with your login name and you'll see a link to 'My Controls'. Click that, and in the next page look below 'Personal Profile' and you'll see a link to 'Edit Signature'.

There you should list only the important things about your system - it shouldn't be a 'Brag List'. Things like system type, speed, Operating System, video card, CD/DVD burner(s) - that sort of thing.

The name and version number of your Sonic/Roxio software should be mentioned in the message you post, if you ask a question about it.

Cheers,

Brendon

[snip]

1st Im sorry if I offend anyone and really I to thank everyone with hepling me with my problems.Thank again for everyone help and I will follow up with a comment if anyone solution work or not.I do have full Ver EMC9.The spec are

Display Adapters: NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro

How old is that laptop? The TNT2 video chip may be your downfall. I haven't looked it up, but I would guess that they quit making that video chip, eight years ago, or more.

At any rate, it isn't going to work well with the software, or if it does work, it will be hit and miss.

And, if you did not change to starting your project in VideoWave, and are still using the Cinemagic, the maximum number of photos that you can put in a slide show, is 99. In VideoWave, there is no limit.

How old is that laptop? The TNT2 video chip may be your downfall. I haven't looked it up, but I would guess that they quit making that video chip, eight years ago, or more.

<snipl>

Maybe a bit off, but there is a driver update on cnet.com suggesting 2004 - since specs give 2007, I'm not sure if 2004 is the hardware or software.

I think 2004 might be about the time of EMC 7?

And generally, hardware is older than driver updates for said hardware.

Lynn

Best I can tell is that card only had 32mb of memory which is probably not enough to handle the video.

What the chip had I don't know but it's probably shared and could also be a low number.

Edited by tbrewst

Hello All I have Roxio EMC9 Ver: 9.0.546

Hello All I have Roxio EMC9 Ver: 9.0.546

You say you have "Dell Precision WorkStation 360 (Desktop)". Does that mean it is on a network?

I don't know if it would make any difference using the Dell Forums -

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forum...op/default.aspx

I'm not familiar enough with EMC 9 to know if that is an OEM, but I sure someone would know.

Lynn

You say you have "Dell Precision WorkStation 360 (Desktop)". Does that mean it is on a network?

I don't know if it would make any difference using the Dell Forums -

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forum...op/default.aspx

I'm not familiar enough with EMC 9 to know if that is an OEM, but I sure someone would know.

Lynn

Hi Lynn

It just a desktop that all