• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

No sound

PEL55

Question

I am trying to burn some programs that I recorded from a DVD recorder onto another disc. I get the message that the file I'm trying to use has AC3 audio which is not supported in this version of the product, resulting in no sound, although the video works fine. Do I have to upgrade in some way so that this program recognizes the sound files?

2 answers to this question

I am trying to burn some programs that I recorded from a DVD recorder onto another disc. I get the message that the file I'm trying to use has AC3 audio which is not supported in this version of the product, resulting in no sound, although the video works fine. Do I have to upgrade in some way so that this program recognizes the sound files?

You earlier hijacked a thread in the Copy and Convert / Easy DVD Copy Forum

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...mp;#entry327788

Which program do you have - Easy DVD Copy 4 or Easy CD & DVD Burning (Red Box)?

Lynn

If this is the message you're getting

post-208-1273446866.jpg

. . . then YES, your program is a cut-down version with AC3 encoding deliberately disabled. If you want to handle AC3 audio - one of the most popular audio formats around - you will need to upgrade by BUYING a full commercial version of software.

There is no simple way in software to re-enable the crippled bits, and there is no free upgrade to a fully functioning version, sorry. For more info read this topic.

Brendon