• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Easy VHS to DVD Errors

MP5811Ret

Question

I installed this program today following the Getting Started Guide. I am running Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit and computer meets requirements. After installing I checked for updates finding the sp2. Attempted to install it but got error message stating it could not find the program. Tried to run the program to transfer a vhs to dvd and got the following 2 messages: 1) Proxy Manager stopped working and 2) RoxWizardLauncher Module stopped working. Any ideas?

10 answers to this question

XP and Vista. If both boxes state its compatable with Vista, what difference would it make?

None, I just wanted to know what version we were dealing with..

When you installed using, the Getting Started Guide, were you disconnected from the internet, startup programs, and firewall antivirus shut off?

Have a look at this, especially the first paragraph...

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=49170

cd

I uninstalled the program, complied with all your recommendations, and reinstalled which resulted in the same error messages.

I'm running out of suggestions, here's one for that specific error...

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...mp;#entry257040

Copy the disc to your hard drive and install it from there after the above..

cd

Followed links provided. Same problems as Taram10. Followed 3 pages of instructions you provided, installed from hard drive, which resulted in same errors. After 3 days and 7+ hours I find that there is nothing "Easy" about this program. The only question now is how can I get my money back or a program that actually works. I e-mailed tech support 3 days ago and have not had the courtesy of a response.

I don't know if its relevant but I did note that Vista is using Directx 11 while the first thing V2D does is install Directx 9 runtime. Could there be a conflict?

Edited by MP5811Ret

Followed links provided. Same problems as Taram10. Followed 3 pages of instructions you provided, installed from hard drive, which resulted in same errors. After 3 days and 7+ hours I find that there is nothing "Easy" about this program. The only question now is how can I get my money back or a program that actually works. I e-mailed tech support 3 days ago and have not had the courtesy of a response.

Here is the page for Roxio's refund policy http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/service/cs_refund.html.

Try Tech Support 1-877-793-7471

Not eligible for refund. Only recourse is to write as many negative reviews as possible in hope of preventing some other consumer from making the mistakes I did in trusting this company to provide a quality working product. It seems obvious after reading all the various posts that some of Roxio products are not worth the money.

Shortly after my last post I was contacted by Roxio via email. They wanted me to pay for their premium tech support to solve the problems. I think not.

While searching for options I found NCH Toolbox on CNET's Download site. Downloaded it and used the FREE basic video capture (Golden Video) and vhs to dvd features which worked without a hitch.

Goodbye Roxio

Shortly after my last post I was contacted by Roxio via email. They wanted me to pay for their premium tech support to solve the problems. I think not.

While searching for options I found NCH Toolbox on CNET's Download site. Downloaded it and used the FREE basic video capture (Golden Video) and vhs to dvd features which worked without a hitch.

Goodbye Roxio

Good-bye and good luck with your new software.

Just in case you run into problems, here is the link to the NCH support site

From the few posts I read, people are having similar problems as with other video software, including Roxio.