• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Disc Drive is incompatible with media

vigor2001

Question

I can not burn BD-R, DVD-R, or CD-R to my drive. Roxio Creator Pro 2010 recognizes the drive (in every application except the burn desktop application) but I receive a message stating "Disc Drive is incompatible with media" everytime I place a disc in it. When I use a DVD or CD it says "Reading" but Roxio never recognizes the disc. I have tried 3 brands of disc (Verbatim, Media Mall, and Panasonic, all BD-R). My optical drive is a LG BE08LU20 with automatic buffer under-run prevention. It is compatible with all BD, DVD, and CD media (+ or -). It is an external drive connected by eSATA to a HP E9270T I7-860 2.8GH with Windows 7. I can burn all 3 types of BD-R (and DVD / CD) discs with Cyberlink PowerDirector or Cyberlink PowerProducer on the LG BE08LU20 drive. I can view the drive as an option in DVD Burn, CD Burn, and plug and burn. When I choose the LG drive all of the options and dropdown menus on the application turn blank and I can not add info or choose an option. When

Here are the steps I have taken to attempt to correct the issue:

1. Uninstalled all editing software from computer

2. Uninstalled LG BE08LU20 and drivers

3. Installed LG BE08LU20, drivers installed automatically

4. Updated firmware for LG BE08LU20

5. Checked DMA, already enabled

6. Checked DVD Region Code (region 1)

7. Installed latest PX Engine

8. Installed latest version of Direct X

9. Installed latest drivers for video card (ATI HD4650)

10. Installed Roxio Creator 2010 Pro

10. Attempted to lower the write speed (the drop down for write speed in the burner application does not have any oprions to choose from)

The past two days I have tried all of these options separately and then all together. I uninstalled the drive and Roxio. I then attempted to install Roxio first and then the drive. It still didn't work. I uninstalled them and then installed the drive first and then Roxio. It still didn't work.

After trying every step multiple times and installing and uninstalling the drive and Roxio multiple times I am still receiving the messgae "Disc Drive is Incompatible with Media". I am at a loss now because when the other software was installed on my computer it burned blu ray BD-r discs with no problem whatsoever.

Any suggestions which I have not already attemptted?

Edited by vigor2001

2 answers to this question

I'm back. I have not received any replies from the Roxio Community and the techmical support was unable to solve the issue. They had me do several things over a week period. Finally they asked me to send them a screen shot of the error. I felt that would not do anything but show them what I had already told them 5 times. I decided to try Pinnacle Studio Ultimate collection for disc burning instead. I know it does not have all of the applications which Roxio has but I just want to be able to burn CD, DVD, and BD discs. After removing Roxio, removing all Roxio, Smartsound, EMC, and Sonic folders, cleaning the Roxio registry files, and running Windows Live One Scan, I installed Pinnacle and I am now able to burn all discs with no errors.

I'm back. I have not received any replies from the Roxio Community and the techmical support was unable to solve the issue. They had me do several things over a week period. Finally they asked me to send them a screen shot of the error. I felt that would not do anything but show them what I had already told them 5 times. I decided to try Pinnacle Studio Ultimate collection for disc burning instead. I know it does not have all of the applications which Roxio has but I just want to be able to burn CD, DVD, and BD discs. After removing Roxio, removing all Roxio, Smartsound, EMC, and Sonic folders, cleaning the Roxio registry files, and running Windows Live One Scan, I installed Pinnacle and I am now able to burn all discs with no errors.

Too late now but you could have made the ISO file and then tred t burn it with the free ImgBurn. to see if the hang was really at the burning stage or as part of the video editing/encoding.

Since you have a solution, this thread will be closed to prevent others from adding "me to" when they really don't have "me to" situation or for others who would suggested other software.

PS - I have both Creator 2010 and Pinnacle Studio 14 on my computer. I prefer Creator 2010.