• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

After a clean reinstall of the Lenovo hidden partition 'as shipped' image the machine consistently crashes upon attempting to read any CD/DVD inserted into the drive bay. The following is a report from Bluescreenview:

==================================================

Dump File : Mini050810-02.dmp

Crash Time : 5/8/2010 9:31:29 AM

Bug Check String : BAD_POOL_HEADER

Bug Check Code : 0x00000019

Parameter 1 : 0x00000020

Parameter 2 : 0x88bbb708

Parameter 3 : 0x88bbb720

Parameter 4 : 0x1a030001

Caused By Driver : DLAIFS_M.SYS

Caused By Address : DLAIFS_M.SYS+7310

File Description :

Product Name :

Company :

File Version :

Processor : 32-bit

Computer Name :

Full Path : C:\WINDOWS\minidump\Mini050810-02.dmp

Processors Count : 2

Major Version : 15

Minor Version : 2600

==================================================

It is my understanding that the file 'DLAIFS_M.SYS' belongs to Roxio by way of Sonic by way of DVDnow etal. I attempted to Add/Remove programs--Repair to no avail.

Absent a better idea, at this point I'm considering downloading a tool that will totally remove all instances of Roxio from the computer.

I would prefer a less drastic alternative?

Mark

If you've done a factory restore from the Lenovo hidden partition and haven't put anything else on the system since that restore, then you should consult with Lenovo as to why their system isn't working.

If you have put additional software onto the system since the restore, then it would help enormously if you got to tell us what extra software you've installed and how you installed it. It might even explain why you're posting here about a Lenovo factory image not working properly. :)

I posted here since Roxio is the author of the software driver that is causing the system to crash. Lenovo simply pre-installed Roxio's software. I can tell there is a lack of interest here to assist. Goodday--

I posted here since Roxio is the author of the software driver that is causing the system to crash. Lenovo simply pre-installed Roxio's software. I can tell there is a lack of interest here to assist. Goodday--

You make one post and because you don't get any immediate response you start complaining :blink:

This not Roxio support, we are just users here. We have no idea what was installed on your Lenovo, most likely some OEM program. in which case the Lenovo people are responsible for it not Roxio.

Did I ask an unreasonable or insensitive question, Walt?

Sir--I have visited member forums since DOS days. I am aware of the intent, etiquette and rules (both stated and unstated) of most members and the board(s). I'm also aware of all you have said. I simply posted the question as a long shot in addition to other avenues. My response was in response to the 'snarky' attitude of the first respondent. I am leaving this forum.

Sir--I have visited member forums since DOS days. I am aware of the intent, etiquette and rules (both stated and unstated) of most members and the board(s). I'm also aware of all you have said. I simply posted the question as a long shot in addition to other avenues. My response was in response to the 'snarky' attitude of the first respondent. I am leaving this forum.

What you have is OEM [Original Equipment Mfgr] software, which is NOT the same as the full Version - further info here.

So you've simply been told it like it is - your problem is with Lenovo. Or, if you've added something else, it may be the problem (iTunes and Blackberry being ones that come up often).

You might consider doing something about that chip on your shoulder, but for now, goodbye, fare well.

Lynn

The only "snarky" attitude came from your posts :angry2:

Good bye ... no big loss :rolleyes: