• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Incomplete burn......hang

JeffIowa

Question

First off, I hope I am in the right place on this forum. Here is the software I have:

Roxio Creator Basic v9

Version: 9.0.559

Here is my computer specs:

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/9469/sys.jpg

Here's my problem:

Most of the time (not always) when I try to burn a data disc (general CD's), the progress count stops at a certain amount and the progress bar keeps going. For example, it may stop at 832kb out of 420mb. Like I said, the progress bar/timer will keep going, but it will never finish. Once it gets towards the end, it just keeps running. The whole time the drive is spinning/revved up. I am never able to cancel when it hangs like this. I can't even stop it with Task Manager and you cannot eject the disc. I have to shut down the computer at this point (manually because shut down will hang also).

I've had this same problem with various types of disc brands, so that is not the problem. Any insight would be of great help. Thanks.

4 answers to this question

First off, I hope I am in the right place on this forum. Here is the software I have:

Roxio Creator Basic v9

Version: 9.0.559

Here is my computer specs:

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/9469/sys.jpg

Here's my problem:

Most of the time (not always) when I try to burn a data disc (general CD's), the progress count stops at a certain amount and the progress bar keeps going. For example, it may stop at 832kb out of 420mb. Like I said, the progress bar/timer will keep going, but it will never finish. Once it gets towards the end, it just keeps running. The whole time the drive is spinning/revved up. I am never able to cancel when it hangs like this. I can't even stop it with Task Manager and you cannot eject the disc. I have to shut down the computer at this point (manually because shut down will hang also).

I've had this same problem with various types of disc brands, so that is not the problem. Any insight would be of great help. Thanks.

Does it work ok if you use the built in burning capabilities of Vista (use RW for testing).

Yes, I am able to burn with Windows, and other freeware burning programs.

Do you have a backup disc for the Roxio Creator Basic v9 Version: 9.0.559 from HP?

If so I would do a # 14 in my signature and reinstall...

cd

Do you have a backup disc for the Roxio Creator Basic v9 Version: 9.0.559 from HP?

If so I would do a # 14 in my signature and reinstall...

cd

No CD. I wish.

Personally, I don't think it's an issue of missing or corrupted files. I'm guessing it's a matter of computer resources or some stupid setting I have on or off. Any help would be much appreciated. I'm making a lot of coasters. :P

Edited by JeffIowa