• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

EdwardS

No Sound associated with movie extension

Question

Using platform Windows XP and Easy Media Creator 2009.

When I go to create DVD and transfer my movie clips from my camcorder and then wish to view the specified clip there is no sound associated with that clip. When I burn a DVD the same thing happens. If I input audio from itunes or any where else, that audio is present. I suspect that their may be something happening with the media player that is associated with Roxia. The reason I say this is because the software that came with the camcorder I can preview the movie clip with the audio. Is there any way of changing from QuickTime to something else.

18 answers to this question

Using platform Windows XP and Easy Media Creator 2009.

When I go to create DVD and transfer my movie clips from my camcorder and then wish to view the specified clip there is no sound associated with that clip. When I burn a DVD the same thing happens. If I input audio from itunes or any where else, that audio is present. I suspect that their may be something happening with the media player that is associated with Roxia. The reason I say this is because the software that came with the camcorder I can preview the movie clip with the audio. Is there any way of changing from QuickTime to something else.

There is no Easy Media Creator 2009 :blink: Please list exactly what program suite you have.

There is no Easy Media Creator 2009 :blink: Please list exactly what program suite you have.

I missed that, Walt.

For the OP: If they had not changed the numbering system, what became Creator 2009 would have been Easy Media Creator 11.

And EMC has a Full Version, and also the cut-down Version that is called Easy CD and DVD Burning, which comes in a red box, and is CHEAP.

The answers are different for Creator 2009, EMC 9, and RedBox (there are 3 Versions of RedBox, 6, 9, and 10). So it is important to know WHICH.

Lynn

I missed that, Walt.

For the OP: If they had not changed the numbering system, what became Creator 2009 would have been Easy Media Creator 11.

And EMC has a Full Version, and also the cut-down Version that is called Easy CD and DVD Burning, which comes in a red box, and is CHEAP.

The answers are different for Creator 2009, EMC 9, and RedBox (there are 3 Versions of RedBox, 6, 9, and 10). So it is important to know WHICH.

Lynn

On the desk top the icon label is called EASY MEDIA CREATOR 9 and when my program is activated the info about this progam is as follows: Roxio Creator 9 Home and version 9.0.088. Thinking that there was a problem with this version I installed version 9.1 with service pak 4. I still have the same problem.

On the desk top the icon label is called EASY MEDIA CREATOR 9 and when my program is activated the info about this progam is as follows: Roxio Creator 9 Home and version 9.0.088. Thinking that there was a problem with this version I installed version 9.1 with service pak 4. I still have the same problem.

What make/model of camcorder? What format is the video from the camcorder?

What make/model of camcorder? What format is the video from the camcorder?

As stated in the first message, the extension is ".mov". I can play these extenstions using Quick Time and Real Player. The camcorder that I am using is JAZZ model HDV 189. The software that came included with the package, when I preview the clip has the audio with it. The only reason that I am using Roxio is because my software can only put it on a cd while Roxio uses both CD or DVD mounting formats. When I try to preview the movie clip it almost looks like it is not previewing it at the right playback speed. Is that possible?

the playpack is very jerky.

As stated in the first message, the extension is ".mov". I can play these extenstions using Quick Time and Real Player. The camcorder that I am using is JAZZ model HDV 189. The software that came included with the package, when I preview the clip has the audio with it. The only reason that I am using Roxio is because my software can only put it on a cd while Roxio uses both CD or DVD mounting formats. When I try to preview the movie clip it almost looks like it is not previewing it at the right playback speed. Is that possible?

Set Windows to show known file types via Folder Options. Change the extension to mp4. See if that works. What of the 4 recoring options did you use? How are you getting the video onto your computer?

Please post your computer specs. That could be HD video whohc could tax your CPU and video card/chip.

Edited by sknis

Actually there is no ".mov" mentioned in your first message or anywhere till your above post :blink:

Does it matter whether it was stated in first message or last as long as this information is present. It is appreciated to get possible solutions and not remarks like yours.

To summerize everything:

Windows Platform is XP with service pak 2 and all updates installed.

Easy Media Creator 2009 version 9.1

Processor on motherboard is Intel Pentium 4 Processor @1.6GHz

Media on my computor available are "Quick Time", "Real Player", and "Windows Media Player".All are updated.

The camcorder being used is a Jazz model HDV189.

The movies are stored on a Scan Disk card. There is no importing involved. When I plug my camcorder into the computor ,a removable drive appears and then I can transfer these clips which have an extenstion "*.mov".

I have gone into the "Folder Options"and changed which media is to open the extension "mov". I have used Quick Time, Real Player, Windows Media Player and MP4 as suggested by one of the possiblities to solve my problem.

As I stated before (hopefully) the software that came with this package which :) I can view the movie clips and hear the audio but it only allows me to put it on a cd and I prefer to put it on a DVD. The name of the software is Arcsoft Mediaimpression.

Hoping this summary helps.One more thing I have not used Easy CD & DVD Burning as one of you had asked

and call it Red Box.

P.S. I hope I did not hurt the Wizzards feelings.

Does it matter whether it was stated in first message or last as long as this information is present. It is appreciated to get possible solutions and not remarks like yours.

To summerize everything:

Media on my computor available are "Quick Time", "Real Player", and "Windows Media Player".All are updated.

The movies are stored on a Scan Disk card. There is no importing involved. When I plug my camcorder into the computor ,a removable drive appears and then I can transfer these clips which have an extenstion "*.mov".

I have gone into the "Folder Options"and changed which media is to open the extension "mov". I have used Quick Time, Real Player, Windows Media Player and MP4 as suggested by one of the possiblities to solve my problem.

As I stated before (hopefully) the software that came with this package which :) I can view the movie clips and hear the audio but it only allows me to put it on a cd and I prefer to put it on a DVD. The name of the software is Arcsoft Mediaimpression.

Hoping this summary helps.One more thing I have not used Easy CD & DVD Burning as one of you had asked

and call it Red Box.

P.S. I hope I did not hurt the Digital Guru's feelings.

To summerize everything:

and call it Red Box.

P.S. I hope I did not hurt the Wizzards feelings.

Perhaps there is a lot of frustration because of errors in giving us the complete and accurate information. Yes, it does matter what the file format is. Some (most) are accepted as is; some need a little tweaking. The more accurate you are, the better we can answer the question. For example. You do not have Creator 2009; you have Easy Media Creator 9 (The version number tells us that). Two versions and two years apart and day and night difference.

That 1.6 Gh computer is a problem. It will work but it will be slow. If you want reasonable performance, you must have everything else turned off -- including the internet connection, your anti-virus, any anti-malware, you must have a defragged hard drive with at least 2X times the size of the total files you are working with.

No one told you to change the default program to open the file. YOU WERE TOLD TO CHANGE THE EXTENSION FROM MOV TO MP4. After you made the change, did you open Video Wave and add the mp4 file? Did you get the audio?

Answer the one question I asked. Yes or no. Don't explain anything other that to do what I suggested and give us an answer.

Please, no snide remarks. Do you want an answer or not. (I guess that is now two questions). I hope I didn't hurt your feelings!

Comment; We are NOT employed by Roxio. We are users who are trying to help. There are hundreds of years of experience with Roxio programs when you add up all the guru time. Guru status is reached because of the quality of help given to people who want help and not just essentially say "Yea, whatever" Please change your attitude.

No you did not hurt my feelings. The second answer is that my hard drive is only 30% used and I have a 750 G

hard drive.It has been defragged 3 days ago. I do not have my internet or e-mail working in the back round.

As for any spyware and antevirus programs they have been turned off when using roxio. The last question to answer is no I still could not hear any audio. I have two questions to ask of you. One is why can I hear and see the ".mov" using quick time and real player. If what you say is true about my computor then it would not matter what I would use to open the file I would still not get any audio. The second question is why can I use the Arc Impression software that came with the camcorder and I can hear and see the video. As I said before the thing I don't like about arc impression is that I cannot burn to dvd. Finally the only reason I called this CREATOR 2009 is because when I went into updates there was an update for CREATOR 2009 called Creator 2009Service Pak 4. When I ran this porgram it uninstalled my Roxio and installed version 9.1 and it was still

called "Roxio Easy Media Creator 9". I am confused. Is there software that when you open Roxio that it is labelled on the monitor "Roxio Creator 2009".

No you did not hurt my feelings. The second answer is that my hard drive is only 30% used and I have a 750 G

hard drive.It has been defragged 3 days ago. I do not have my internet or e-mail working in the back round.

As for any spyware and antevirus programs they have been turned off when using roxio. The last question to answer is no I still could not hear any audio. I have two questions to ask of you. One is why can I hear and see the ".mov" using quick time and real player. If what you say is true about my computor then it would not matter what I would use to open the file I would still not get any audio. The second question is why can I use the Arc Impression software that came with the camcorder and I can hear and see the video. As I said before the thing I don't like about arc impression is that I cannot burn to dvd. Finally the only reason I called this CREATOR 2009 is because when I went into updates there was an update for CREATOR 2009 called Creator 2009Service Pak 4. When I ran this porgram it uninstalled my Roxio and installed version 9.1 and it was still

called "Roxio Easy Media Creator 9". I am confused. Is there software that when you open Roxio that it is labelled on the monitor "Roxio Creator 2009".

On my last reponse I would like to apoligize.The version of software that I am running is creator 9 and the download that I did was not Ceartor 2009 but for Creator 9. The rest of the message is still valid.

On my last reponse I would like to apoligize.The version of software that I am running is creator 9 and the download that I did was not Ceartor 2009 but for Creator 9. The rest of the message is still valid.

Did you buy the program --box or download or did it come with a computer or piece of computer hardware. If the later, then that is an OEM version and may have some options including audio codecs disabled.

Google for and download gspot from the headbands site. Drag the file icon to the application and it will tell you about the video and audio codecs and if you have the right ones installed. Let us know about what it says about the audio codec..

Also what audio device (card or chip) do you have on your computer.

Creator 9 was bought and Sonic solutions shipped it to me. I was asked to go to folder options in windows and tell the computor to use mp4 to play my movies. The only choices that I have when I try to changewhat program to use to open my movies are Quick Time, Real Player and Windows Media Player. Can you be a little more specific as where I have to go to make this change. It seems a little foolish for me to have to convert all my movies from " *.mov" to "*.mp4". I have another computor and on that one I am using Windows XP, processor is 3.2GHz with 2 GBytes of ram and I have the same situation.

Creator 9 was bought and Sonic solutions shipped it to me. I was asked to go to folder options in windows and tell the computor to use mp4 to play my movies. The only choices that I have when I try to changewhat program to use to open my movies are Quick Time, Real Player and Windows Media Player. Can you be a little more specific as where I have to go to make this change. It seems a little foolish for me to have to convert all my movies from " *.mov" to "*.mp4". I have another computor and on that one I am using Windows XP, processor is 3.2GHz with 2 GBytes of ram and I have the same situation.

It is not the program; it is the camcorder and the type audio in the mov file that it creates.

Open Windows Explorer (not internet explorer) and go to where you have the video files, select folder options. Now right clcik on the name of the mov file and change the extension (only) to mp4.

BTW, I have a camcorder that does mov and I don't have to change the extension.

What operating system do you have on this computer? You were having issues with the XP one but now it seems that you have changed. EMC 9 is not compatible with W7. If you are still running EMC 9, you should have updated it to 9.1 for Vista. Remember EULA says 1 license+ installed on one computer at a time.

Edited by sknis

I am using Windows XP with service pack 2. I tried MP4, M4V, and AVI extensions and I get my audio but no video. The higher speed computor is a stand alone not hooked up to the internet. I uninstalled it from the previous pc and reloaded it to the faster one.

I am using Windows XP with service pack 2. I tried MP4, M4V, and AVI extensions and I get my audio but no video. The higher speed computor is a stand alone not hooked up to the internet. I uninstalled it from the previous pc and reloaded it to the faster one.

What about gspot that I asked you to use and post the results?

What about gspot that I asked you to use and post the results?

When I ran gspot the first time and clicked on MS A/V it crashed and advised me that I had a problem with file WMVDMOE.DLL when I went on to the website for microsoft they advised that there was an issue with certain codecs and there was a fix call KB835861. I ran this fix and when I ran GSPOT again I got the following:

Audio codec: mp4a: MPEG-4AAC LC

Video Codec: AVC1 name H.264 Status for both: Status Undetermined.When I went to Proposed codec Solution and tests, GSpot for both audio and video was unable to render.When I went to MS A/V I got the following:

(A) Sonic MP4 Demultiplexer (B) DMO: SONIC AVC DECODER DMO © OVERLAYMIXER2 (D) VIDEO RENDERER.

Line 2: (A) SONIC MP4 Demultiplexer (B) CYBERLINK AUDIO DECODER (PDUD7) © DEFAULT DIRECT SOUND DEVICE. When I went into ALL CODECS & FILTERSI found the followin":

DSH XVID DivX Decoder Filter Driver File Missing

DSH DXRE DivX SubTitle Decoder 0001 Driver File Missing.

You said you were able to play .mov files. Can you play these on Windows Media Player and if so what version. I am running version 11.

It sounds like your computer is really screwed up ! :blink:

I do not use WMP for anything. I use CinePlayer or VLC or Quicktime depending on what I am trying to play. Since mov and mp4 files are pretty much apple developed codecs, what version of Quicktime do you have on your computer?

Please put your computer specs in your signature via the My Controls at the top of this page. Include your OS and video card/chip. Look at what others have in their signature

I don't think we ever discussed if these video are HD. That wasn't in your original post either and yes it does matter. I keep thinking you have Creator 2009. HD video was still in its infancy when EMC 9 came out (more than 4 years ago).

Since you have been unable to get the audio on your files, there are only a couple of options left. You can use a third party converter to change the mov files to mpg2. Try the free "Any Video Converter." As with any download site, be careful where you click. San the file with your anti-virus and then turn it off to install the converter. There was a program from another company that would play/edit those files with audio. p.m. me if you are willing to buy it. I think the other options, including upgrading to Creator 2010 are ruled out because of your computer.

I'm out of ideas. Perhaps someone else has some that won't cost you some money that you should be saving to buy a modern, reasonable computer.

I want to emphasize that the purchased version of EMC 9 will handle both the mov files and the mp4 files. You proved that because you were able to play and edit the video. The issue is that the audio files created with your camcorder is not in a standard format. Quicktime includes codecs that will play whatever you have. Unfortunately Quicktime (standard) does not do any video editing. If you want to complain about that audio, contact the manufacturer of the camcorder to complain.

Good luck.

Edited by sknis