• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

unable to dock

Daisy Mae

Question

Everything worked 2 days ago then hung. I did a complete deletion using regedit/msconfig etc.-re-installed from disc. Running XP Win Media 11 - latest NVIDIA GEfORCE- RESOLUTION 1024x768. 1 meg RAM which worked fine 2 days ago. Now VideoWave is unable to dock Effect & media selectors. I clicked View to set them & they still won't set. Getting very frustrated. Seems obvious that re-install changed something it shouldn't have changed or omitted something but have been wrong before.

3 answers to this question

Everything worked 2 days ago then hung. I did a complete deletion using regedit/msconfig etc.-re-installed from disc. Running XP Win Media 11 - latest NVIDIA GEfORCE- RESOLUTION 1024x768. 1 meg RAM which worked fine 2 days ago. Now VideoWave is unable to dock Effect & media selectors. I clicked View to set them & they still won't set. Getting very frustrated. Seems obvious that re-install changed something it shouldn't have changed or omitted something but have been wrong before.

Are you sure you didn't have a higher resolution than that? That is the minimum and you can not dock at the minuimum resolution. I just tried it.

Thanks for the thought Houston -- I believe I solved the problem. I found one more Roxio file to delete via Windows clean up. Then again followed their uninstall procedure using regedit & msconfig - reinstalled, then ran 2 different Registry programs. RegCure then RegBooster. Both found problems & fixed them. Now it works so my assumption is the Roxio deletion procedure screwed something up. The problem actually dated back to Roxio 9 when the program crashed & garbled files so I bought 2010, thinking it would correct the problem, but it made matters worse. I did remove Rox 9 before installing 2010 but did that via windows add/remove.................. I haven't opened 2010 today so am not positive but did make a system restore point yesterday after it was working properly. Cross your fingies . & thanksfor the reply

Thanks for the thought Houston -- I believe I solved the problem. I found one more Roxio file to delete via Windows clean up. Then again followed their uninstall procedure using regedit & msconfig - reinstalled, then ran 2 different Registry programs. RegCure then RegBooster. Both found problems & fixed them. Now it works so my assumption is the Roxio deletion procedure screwed something up. The problem actually dated back to Roxio 9 when the program crashed & garbled files so I bought 2010, thinking it would correct the problem, but it made matters worse. I did remove Rox 9 before installing 2010 but did that via windows add/remove.................. I haven't opened 2010 today so am not positive but did make a system restore point yesterday after it was working properly. Cross your fingies . & thanksfor the reply

That may be but what Steve said still applies!

You have to be higher than 1024 X 768 to dock… And nothing will change that.

post-39730-1273760197.jpg