• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

can't get roxio pro 2010 to install on win 7

trucker799

Question

I am lost.. I bought roxio pro 2010 and can't get it to install on my computer. I had vista and upgraded it to win 7. At first is was giving me the configuration problems which I found out how to fix. Now it will start upload of smartsound and it goes up maybe 40% and stops. It stayed there for over an hr. I dont beleive the program is that big. Maybe it is.. Please help..

5 answers to this question

I am lost.. I bought roxio pro 2010 and can't get it to install on my computer. I had vista and upgraded it to win 7. At first is was giving me the configuration problems which I found out how to fix. Now it will start upload of smartsound and it goes up maybe 40% and stops. It stayed there for over an hr. I dont beleive the program is that big. Maybe it is.. Please help..

Did you buy the download version or physical box with a disc?

If it's a download you need to install the program first before LIGHTZONE, SONICFIRE (SMARTSOUND), and SOUNDSOAP!

FYI it's not called "upload" it's installing the program from file or disc to your PC's Hard Drive...

cd

Smartsound is 3rd party. Try this

Inside the "SMARTSOUND_10" folder run the 2 .exes (New Standard 22k.exe & Quicktracks Installer.exe)

After they finish installing run the Creator install again and it should skip those components.

I don't show anything installed in the control panel programs but if I click start menu and check programs it shows some roxio 2010.. I bought the disc's from best buy so I have the disc.. How do I get into that smartsound_10 folder?????/

I have no clue why it wont install.... I have 2 discs so I assume I install disc 1 first then disc 2.. Now I am getting an "unknown error 0652" and it quits installing.. I have disabled virus software and it still wont load so I am about ready to try and sell this software and call it a day....It somehow allowed me to register the software without installing it.. I will be calling roxio today and get them to unregister it so I can sell it..