Ripping a Burned DVD

RoxioUser777

Question

Hi, what's up all? I just have a quick question I need to ask. A 5 minute DVD was burned with Roxio Creator 2009, and now we're trying to rip it into Roxio Creator 2010. For some reason, the program will not allow the DVD to be saved into it, however it has shown no problems of ripping, saving, or burning DVDs before. What could be the reason for this? And how can it be fixed? Thanks!

6 answers to this question

Hi, what's up all? I just have a quick question I need to ask. A 5 minute DVD was burned with Roxio Creator 2009, and now we're trying to rip it into Roxio Creator 2010. For some reason, the program will not allow the DVD to be saved into it, however it has shown no problems of ripping, saving, or burning DVDs before. What could be the reason for this? And how can it be fixed? Thanks!

Could you explain exactly what you are trying to do and what you are doing? At the moment you post is rather confusing. Fo example, what does this mean "the program will not allow the DVD to be saved into it"?

Roxio 2010 program is not backwards compatible with DVD's burned with earlier Roxio program burned DVD's. If you still have the original files that were used to burn the 2009 DVD, it should be quite easy to use those same files in C2010 and burn a new DVD in that program.

Frank...

Ok, what I mean by the statement is that the DVD cannot be ripped into Roxio Creator '10. But since it is not backwards compatible then that answers my question right there, thanks redwagon. As far as the original file goes, I'd have to look through the system and see if I still have it. Thanks again.

Ok, what I mean by the statement is that the DVD cannot be ripped into Roxio Creator '10. But since it is not backwards compatible then that answers my question right there, thanks redwagon. As far as the original file goes, I'd have to look through the system and see if I still have it. Thanks again.

Perhaps there is a matter of semantics. If you want to copy the DVD to your computer and it is not DRM protected then you can do that. You could also copy the VOB files off the DVD and use that to edit the video.

What you cannot do is copy a Video Wave or MYDVD (production) file from an earlier version and use that in Creator 2010.

I apologize, as I did use the wrong term. I did not mean rip, I meant save and edit. The DVD was a video which I filmed, edited, and burned, so there are no kinds of protections or blocks on it. One other detail, though, is that the DVD was burned in the 'Generic AVI' file type if that makes any kind of difference. And as a matter of fact it was a MYDVD, in which case I cannot save the disc. However, if I still have the original file, I can use like a flash drive or data disc or something like that to put it right into Creator '10, correct (they are on two separate computers)?

I apologize, as I did use the wrong term. I did not mean rip, I meant save and edit. The DVD was a video which I filmed, edited, and burned, so there are no kinds of protections or blocks on it. One other detail, though, is that the DVD was burned in the 'Generic AVI' file type if that makes any kind of difference. And as a matter of fact it was a MYDVD, in which case I cannot save the disc. However, if I still have the original file, I can use like a flash drive or data disc or something like that to put it right into Creator '10, correct (they are on two separate computers)?

Thanks for some additional information about what you have and are trying to do with the My DVD you produced. Couple more questions though---When you say you have the "original file", does that mean the original avi file that you used to make the first DVD ? If that's the case you could save it to a flash drive and from their use it again in C2010 MyDVD. But if you still have it on your computer, there would be no need to save it to your flash drive first. Just use it from where ever it is stored on your computer.

Also, what do you mean when you say that it was a MyDVD and you cannot save it ?? Do you mean you can't save it and edit it do to the different Roxio programs ??

Now on the other hand if you want to use the original files that are on the DVD, as suggested, you could copy the VOB files to a location on your computer for editing.

Would appreciate it if you could explain exactly what you want to do with the original MyDVD DVD, it's files or the original avi file that you used to make the DVD. Thanks

Frank...