FamHarv

What did I get with Creator Pro 2010 for Photoshow?

Question

I have been using Photoshow for many years and decided to purchase Creator Pro 2010 and "upgrade' all my Roxio products. Photoshow now is only an Express version??? and all I see is Please upgrade now? I can no longer import videos, and most of the features are for purchase only. I can't even put my own music files in? What am I missing with this upgrade? Please tell me I don't have to now 'subscribe' to a monthly fee to use it. I don't want to post to the Internet my shows, I just what to move my family photos into the shows with some music and small video clips. :huh:

Thanks for any assistance!

8 answers to this question

I have been using Photoshow for many years and decided to purchase Creator Pro 2010 and "upgrade' all my Roxio products. Photoshow now is only an Express version??? and all I see is Please upgrade now? I can no longer import videos, and most of the features are for purchase only. I can't even put my own music files in? What am I missing with this upgrade? Please tell me I don't have to now 'subscribe' to a monthly fee to use it. I don't want to post to the Internet my shows, I just what to move my family photos into the shows with some music and small video clips. :huh:

Thanks for any assistance!

Yes, the version in Creator 2010 is the free version. There are limits on what you can do with it. Go here and at the bottom of the page, click on the compare features.

Which PhotoShow version have you been using? Roxio bought the application about 2 years ago and none of the other versions (Comcast, Nero, etc.) work. If you have the old version on your computer, have you tried to see if it still works?

Perhaps you should have done a little more research before you bought the program. Why did you? Why are you NOT using Edit Video -Advanced or the Make slide Show Applications in Creator 2010 to do the slide shows?

Yes, the version in Creator 2010 is the free version. There are limits on what you can do with it. Go here and at the bottom of the page, click on the compare features.

Which PhotoShow version have you been using? Roxio bought the application about 2 years ago and none of the other versions (Comcast, Nero, etc.) work. If you have the old version on your computer, have you tried to see if it still works?

Perhaps you should have done a little more research before you bought the program. Why did you? Why are you NOT using Edit Video -Advanced or the Make slide Show Applications in Creator 2010 to do the slide shows?

Thanks for the suggestion... of slide show I will give it a try.... I did opt for the Premium Photo Show so I can get a project done. I am now able to import video. I do find it puzzling that it will only accept video files that are .avi, .mov or meg1 formats?? I used the Roxio video capture and it doesn't do those formats.. so now I am back to square one .. Maybe the slide show application will be a better tool :mellow:

Edited by FamHarv

Thanks for the suggestion... of slide show I will give it a try.... I did opt for the Premium Photo Show so I can get a project done. I am now able to import video. I do find it puzzling that it will only accept video files that are .avi, .mov or meg1 formats?? I used the Roxio video capture and it doesn't do those formats.. so now I am back to square one .. Maybe the slide show application will be a better tool :mellow:

Video capture does capture avi or mpg(2) files but a lot depends on what device you are capturing. Those video files have to be pretty short for PhotoShow to use them. Edit Video Advanced will take all those formats and more and will give you a great looking project with video, audio and your choice of not DRM protected music.

mov files are a standard format being used by many camcorder manufacturers; mpg1 is an old format for VCD discs. MOV (though compression format) can be high definition (but not for PhotoShow) and mpg1 is just plain poor quality and small size.

If you have a digital camcorder, just copy the files to your computer via USB; no need to capture. Here are some videos to get you started.. Video Wave = Edit Video Advanced.

Video capture does capture avi or mpg(2) files but a lot depends on what device you are capturing. Those video files have to be pretty short for PhotoShow to use them. Edit Video Advanced will take all those formats and more and will give you a great looking project with video, audio and your choice of not DRM protected music.

mov files are a standard format being used by many camcorder manufacturers; mpg1 is an old format for VCD discs. MOV (though compression format) can be high definition (but not for PhotoShow) and mpg1 is just plain poor quality and small size.

If you have a digital camcorder, just copy the files to your computer via USB; no need to capture. Here are some videos to get you started.. Video Wave = Edit Video Advanced.

I used the used the Roxio Video Capture to get an old video from a VHS tape 1993. ( working on a Family Reunion show) I had a lot of trouble just getting it to work but it came over as a Movie Clip file ( it is 30 min). Maybe I could have done it differently. I am not sure?

I used the Video edit to clip out only 2 minutes but still could not get it into the format that Photoshow needed. I also looked quickly at slide show. I am not sure it will work for what I want. It only does photos and music. I like the themes and titles that you get from Photoshow. I am still working on it. thanks for the suggestions

I used the used the Roxio Video Capture to get an old video from a VHS tape 1993. ( working on a Family Reunion show) I had a lot of trouble just getting it to work but it came over as a Movie Clip file ( it is 30 min). Maybe I could have done it differently. I am not sure?

I used the Video edit to clip out only 2 minutes but still could not get it into the format that Photoshow needed. I also looked quickly at slide show. I am not sure it will work for what I want. It only does photos and music. I like the themes and titles that you get from Photoshow. I am still working on it. thanks for the suggestions

Any video clip you add must be less then 50mb in size

Using Videowave, you have no restrictions on size and you can mix photos and video.

Another thing you can do if you really want to use what photoshow has to offer, you can make a slideshow with the stills and burn it to your computer. Insert it into videowave and edit it there and split where you want to insert the videos add your music. If you want to burn it to a DVD you will have to put it into MyDVD after that and your good to go. A little more work but then you will be able to use the things you like in photoshow and still have your video in it too. I have combined many programs this way, when there is something special I want to use. Just a thought.

Another thing you can do if you really want to use what photoshow has to offer, you can make a slideshow with the stills and burn it to your computer. Insert it into videowave and edit it there and split where you want to insert the videos add your music. If you want to burn it to a DVD you will have to put it into MyDVD after that and your good to go. A little more work but then you will be able to use the things you like in photoshow and still have your video in it too. I have combined many programs this way, when there is something special I want to use. Just a thought.

Where is the videowave portion of Roxio?

Where is the videowave portion of Roxio?

Its called "Edit Video - advanced" on the main menu page under "video"