IALMRNT 5 display driver not working normally

lewisbmo

Question

I just purchased and installed emc 8 a couple days ago. When working on video productions, my computer may stop and lock-up. I then get this message that the ialmrnt 5 display driver is not working properly. The screen becomes a mess and I have to shut everything down and reboot. Is there a solution for this problem. Thank you

5 answers to this question

I just purchased and installed emc 8 a couple days ago. When working on video productions, my computer may stop and lock-up. I then get this message that the ialmrnt 5 display driver is not working properly. The screen becomes a mess and I have to shut everything down and reboot. Is there a solution for this problem. Thank you

Start by looking for driver updates to your video card/chip, and update your directx to the most current.

If that doesn't help, post your computer specs please.

Doing a quick search I found several references: Intel® 82845g/gl/ge/pe/gv Driver: ialmrnt 5.dll and seems to be a common problem with this video chipset.

This is an integrated graphics chipset. As Larry suggested, update the drivers / DirectX first to see if that helps. It may be adviseable to replace it with a separate video card.

If you have the video chipset mentioned by Gary in his post, then EMC 8 will not work. I also have that chipset in my computer and EMC 7 would not work with. I was told by Intel (who make the chip) that it is not fully compatible with DirectX 9c, some of the functions may lock up the computer. You will have to get a "proper" video card that is fully compatible.

Thanks for your help. I have an hp 7160n media center computer. Is about 11 months old. I have xp professional OS. I checked device manager and found this under display adapters: Intel® 829465 express chipset family. I right clicked it and then clicked ..update driver. It finally said it had the latest update. Is "direct memory acccess controller" what you mean when you say directx?

thanks much for your help. Lewis B.

Unfortunately, that process does not check the Intel website.

Check Intel website here.

Click on GRAPHICS in the left column and then select Desktop Graphics Controllers and the correct chipset. I didn't see the number you posted in the list. Make sure you have the correct number. Looking at the HP website, your computer appears to have the Intel® 82945G Express Chipset. You can get that driver here.

Get the latest DirectX here.

You will also note that this video chipset does not fully support DirectX 9.0 and none of the 3D transition will be available in software render mode. DO NOT force Videowave 8 or MyDVD 8 to use hardware rendering. That can definitely cause lockups and freezing with this chipset.

According to the HP website, your motherboard has a PCI express 16X slot not used. If you will be doing much video editing, I highly recommend purchasing a good video card. Also there are tons of updates at HP for your computer. I see a BIOS update May 2006, audio drivers, DVD burner firmware updates, etc., all released in 2006. If you aren't comfortable doing these updates, find a friend that can help you.

Archived