• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

CinePlayer Decoder Pack issues

Elly

Question

HELP please!!

For whatever reason, my Easy Media Creator 10 stops functioning (I bought it online from Roxio 2 yrs ago) occasionally so I uninstall and reinstall and then I'm good till next time. Today I'm trying to uninstall it all and am having the cpdp.msi issue.. I can't even cancel the process as it keeps coming back.. I've restarted the computer 3 times now, to no avail as it pops up and tries again. Get msg that "the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable." Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to the folder containing the installation package cpdp.msi in the box below. I've done a search on my puter and it's not there.. I try to download just the cpdp.msi and get msg that another installation is already in progress and to complete that one before install the new one.. :( HELP

I do see Roxio CinePlayer decoder pack in my list to "add/remove programs".. but when I try to click on it or any other Roxio program to delete - the "installation msg in progress" comes back..

Am I not able to download the CPDP.msi file and go from there.. This is really frustrating as the installation won't quit nor am I able to uninstall anything else..

please email me your help at elngordatshaw.ca as I'm not always on the web, but email is open.. I will check back in a bit to see if anyone has any suggestions..

Thanks ever so much,

Elly..

Edited by sknis

1 answer to this question

Your e-mail address was edited to help prevent thousands of spam messages to yuor e-mail address. Never post your e-mail address online. No one will send you an e-mail from here; you can set the options to notify you of a reply or just force yourself to come to the site to get an answer. If it is important to you then it should not be that much of a chore. Note, if you come to this site, you may receive a p.m. from someone. Those are OK to read.

If the program keeps breaking, the chances are that you are doing a registry edit or clean up (perhaps as part of your anti-virus scan.) I hope you are careful about backing up your computer. If so, use Windows Restore to get you computer back to where the program was working.

If that doesn't work, prepare your computer like this and do the full uninstall/reinstall AND turn off the registry cleaner.