• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

problems recognizing DVd

Molly123

Question

I have a fairly new windows laptop with pretty good specs. I need to copy some DVDs. Just bought Roxio Easy DVD Copy Premier. My laptop will play DVDs, I can copy the data from a DVD to my local drive with just a copy/paste. But, when I insert a new DVD into my drive it will not be recognized (thus preventing me from copying to it). I have tried read/write DVDs and they are not recognized.

Any suggestions?

1 answer to this question

I have a fairly new windows laptop with pretty good specs. I need to copy some DVDs. Just bought Roxio Easy DVD Copy Premier. My laptop will play DVDs, I can copy the data from a DVD to my local drive with just a copy/paste. But, when I insert a new DVD into my drive it will not be recognized (thus preventing me from copying to it). I have tried read/write DVDs and they are not recognized.

Any suggestions?

Sounds like you have a Combo drive (reads and writes CDs, reads DVDs.) If so, buying software will not add the additional laser cirucitry hardware to the drive that is needed to write DVDs.

What is the id string of the drive? (Right-click MyComputer > Properrtis > Hardware > Device Manager, click on the + beside DVD/CD-ROM drives, and copy the id string letter for letter (upper case or lower case as shown), number for number, space for space)

Lynn